Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Slim said:

As a fan of I was going to boo the ref I would never do it on the whistle where we have played shit.

Maybe I'm wrong like but I would be worried it would come across booing the team.

I do agree with you but it's incredibly frustrating when the ref is essentially ruining the game all by himself by allowing the opposition to basically cheat. Hard to stay emotionless in these situations.

I expect nowt else from games against these.

Its like Charlton were for so long. A game that should be good and that you fancy winning comfortably on paper, like a Coventry say, based on logic. But after enough seasons its just one of those fixtures you just want to bludgeon the points out of and get out the way

Bringing Murphy on would get rid of Miggys right foot but means that Barnes would probably have to play a full 90, which I don't think Howe will want just yet.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Proof that it's not just this season though, the games last year against Bournemouth were just the same. Really scrappy and no rhythm to our game. Its the way these teams come and play away from home, its up to us to beat them, they just do whatever they can to fuck us up.

Yeah that's what I mean, like everytime since Howe's been here. Must be a conspiracy

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Trippier having a  word with the ref there. Absolutely right to do so but can't see that changing fuck all.

Yep. Refs are untouchable and they know it. No accountability and at worst, a demotion for a week. 

No incentive to be good at your job, no punishment for being crap. Must be nice.

Anyway, it's 0-0, all it takes is a mistake from their end and we could end up with a winner from nowhere. We haven't really looked like creating chances other than a couple of long balls which have almost got us in,

Look so toothless without a presence up top.

At the match and I have 2 bars of 5G in the lower bowl.  What sorcery is this?

Edited by Sima

The crowds been on referees long before half time before mind, though it depends on people's time-frames here.

Especially if there was some previous.

I know our performance has been alright and he’s had an okay match thus far but I’m starting to really get annoyed at us sticking with Burn at LB. It’s been half of their game plan to isolate him. Also what the fuck is he doing overlapping Barnes and Gordon every chance he gets? Took a chance off Bruno’s toes as well, then gets beat coming back. 

There’s no way on earth we should be playing a 6’8 left back who isn’t particularly even good in the air. 

Also Longstaff again gets into prime positions and can’t do anything. 

Almiron does the same and needs to check back on his left foot to even be capable of a short pass. 

I love all 3 of these players but they are so fucking mediocre it hurts 

Jesus are some people a bit dense. 

It was directed at the ref, and Bournemouth for the way they've gone about hurting our already injured side, the ref has had a shocker, taking 43 minutes to show a yellow to  player who'd made multiple poor challenges.

Of course let him know he's had a shit half!

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I always fall into the trap of thinking "how much different can it possibly be!?" ahead of us playing a non-striker up front. The answer, as always, is very different. :lol:

Was surprised at how many people pre match didn’t think having a striker wouldn’t be an issue tbh.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Why would anyone assume the boos weren't for the ref? :lol:

Because I have seen fans this season boo for better performances than this, this season