Arsenal vs. Newcastle United: 24/2/24 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’d go with a same tactic we did at Villa. But Tino has to be marking Saka. We need to be pressing high at times, reserving one CM to sitting. Break on the counter when possible. And try and keep it tight within a chance to bring in Isak, Willock off the bench. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

We're gonna get bummed into fucking space. Easy money if you can bet on at least one pen for them.

There’s a decent chance it’ll be our worst game there since Walcott scored a hat trick but sadly I’m not expecting us to get goals 

We absolutely cannot play the same team. This week's line up that won't happen:

Dubravka 

Schar    Botman    Burn

Trippier                                Tino

Bruno     Longstaff 

Murphy     Isak     Gordon

Something like this. Hit them on the break.

Dubravka

Schar Lascelles Botman
Trippier                             Livramento
Bruno Miley Longstaff
Gordon
Isak

Subs: Karius, Burn, Hall, Krafth, Ritchie, Barnes, Willock, Miggy, Murphy.

Pack the centre of the park, keep it tight and use pace of Gordon and Isak on the break.

Edited by NSG

31 minutes ago, NSG said:

Dubravka

Schar Lascelles Botman
Bruno Miley Longstaff
Gordon
Isak

Subs: Karius, Burn, Hall, Krafth, Ritchie, Barnes, Willock, Miggy, Murphy.

Pack the centre of the park, keep it tight and use pace of Gordon and Isak on the break.

To be fair that's best we can hope for. Probably end up Gordon and Barnes unless Isak is close

16 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I keep seeing this - are people for real? 

Blackburn away is a far bigger game , win that and we are one game away from Wembley.  The Arsenal game has no bearing on where we will finish in the league .

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Blackburn away is a far bigger game , win that and we are one game away from Wembley. 

It is but you can’t just forfeit the league ffs or effectively not try in a game , there’s no way any manager in premier league history would do that- winning breeds winning also and at the least it’s a chance to give Isak some minutes and willock and make a plan for the future 

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

It is but you can’t just forfeit the league ffs or effectively not try in a game , there’s no way any manager in premier league history would do that- winning breeds winning also and at the least it’s a chance to give Isak some minutes and willock and make a plan for the future 

I'd much rather win against Blackburn than against Arsenal. Id take a 4 nil loss in the league to get a 1 nil win in the cup if that was offered to me right now and that what this season has done to me. I think that's what most people are getting at, just hoping we put everything into that Blackburn game to ensure progress is made.

Dubravka

Schar Lascelles Botman
Bruno Miley Longstaff
Murphy 
Gordon

3-5-2

Would actually try Tino RWB and Hall LWB and rest Trippier also.

Save Isak and Willock for Blackburn and beyond.

Edited by LFEE

On 18/02/2024 at 18:17, Geogaddi said:

4-0, will be pissed of as well if Burn is dropped for this one knowing we are losing regardless of who is playing at left back .

If Livramento starts, we lose and Burn is back at LB for Blackburn it'll be a bit of a throwback to when Pardew threw on HBA in lose lose situations almost as to fabricate a reason to us in why he was right in starting Obertan. :lol:

image.thumb.png.2f1b7210fbd05061510b139d4944768d.png

This was the start of the 2011/12 season. HBAs first start was against Man City, and also started against Man Utd and Chelsea. On the bench again against Norwich :lol: 

Edited by Conjo

On 18/02/2024 at 06:53, Pancrate1892 said:

These cunts will be extra fired up, they were mighty pissed off about the 1-0 loss at SJP. 

Even parking the bus.....we could end up with a heavy loss. 

The optimistic person in me says things will improve but the realist says this is a spanking and a whiff of revenge all wanked over by the media 

This is what I’m most worried about. Probably our two most contentious games in the last year were Arsenal away last season and then at home this season. 

They hate the way we play and they will feel aggrieved by the last game. They are definitely going to target Bruno. 

We are really going to miss Joelinton and Pope in this one.