Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United (24/02/24) | Reaction: pg 43

Disco

Miley and Longstaff are so limited in a game like this, neither are particularly good in the tackle, and it's a game where you've got to go and fight for the ball, no energy, no pace, and both look bamboozled. 

Only positive, I guess, is that it's only 2-0? :lol: One goal from us and it could turn momentum in our favor if Arsenal gets nervous about protecting their lead.

They've clearly taken things personally like. :lol: Fair play, they're basically doing to us what we do to teams when we're at full strength, pressing like mad so the opposition can't deal with you and playing at pace, a pace that simply isn't within our repitoire right now for reasons we know too well. It's very similar to us at home when we're on it.

Our own medicine tastes bitter, but I'm taking heart from watching us and knowing we're capable of so much more in more favourable, less ridiculous circumstances.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I'm in an emotive state but I wouldnt be upset to see Miggy and Longstaff leave the club in Summer.

They would’ve possibly gone sooner if we didn’t have so many people we needed to replace. 

3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

While I agree some what.  The way arsenal have played I don’t think it’s fully poor.

if it was against someone shit then I get it  

I mean, Arsenal who were raving about, had zero shots on goal at SJP iirc

2 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I'm in an emotive state but I wouldnt be upset to see Miggy and Longstaff leave the club in Summer.

Both have nothing to do in the team if the owners want to challenge for europe every year. They are not even close to being good enough.

Just now, buzza said:

Miley is a 17 yr old kid, he is just not up to it. His game misses defensive awareness and he does not use the space around him to his advantage.

Add to that Lingstaff and bruno having a mare... EXPOSED

Miley would be soo much better if joelinton wasn’t injured. Maybe replacing longstaff with Willock might improve things. 

Regardless of the opposition, that was fucking abject.  Karius only player who was blameless for the performance.  Need to get their heads up second half.

Penrith are losing to Wigan too.  Nee joy this morning for me so far. 

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Only positive, I guess, is that it's only 2-0? :lol: One goal from us and it could turn momentum in our favor if Arsenal gets nervous about protecting their lead.

Need to have a shot to score...

As bad as we’ve played under Howe. Midfield is static as fuck on and off the ball. Arsenal dropping the extra man in there and not playing with a proper striker has fucked us.