Newcastle United 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (02/03/24) | Reaction: pg 17

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Massive win that. We really needed a routine, fairly comfortable, almost boring at times win to nil. The fact it has come against a team in and around us, is even better. 

Willock was immense. Bruno had a brilliant and disciplined second half. Longstaff was much better playing high again. Murphy helped with the width and press. Subs all contributed positively.

Just a shame about Trippier and West Ham’s late couple of goals. 

Are we worried about West Ham? If we can’t finish above West Ham I really don’t think we can have any complaints whatsoever about not playing European football.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Are we worried about West Ham? If we can’t finish above West Ham I really don’t think we can have any complaints whatsoever about not playing European football.

Not really. I was going to caveat that I don’t think they’ve suddenly become a good team. I still think they’re in a bit of a false position. 

Find out at the end of the month. 

21 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Billy Wright, Rachael Heyhoe Flint, Stan Cullis, Robert Plant, Derek Dogan, Steve Bull, Jack Hayward, Eric Idle, Ron Flowers, Jeff Beck, Judith Keppel.........Judith Keppel....can you hear me? can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Jeff Beck ?

6 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

get big Joe a new contract. Upgrade right wing. 

Sure but Tonali is here either way :lol:. But YES splash the cash on the RW.

9 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Good win against a canny Wolves side. :thup: Scoreline slightly flattering, but will take it. :) Lovely run and finish by Tino, for his goal.

MoM - Bruno

Thought it flattered Wolves tbh.

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Now focus turns to Chelsea, where revenge and hopefully getting Poch the sack after we win.

Tino start with a rest for Trippier if he’s not 100%

I think I'd have Miggy come on at 60 the rest of the season more or less. Seems to add a bit of a spark and I'd rather not have him starting.

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Jeff Beck ?

“Hi Ho Wolverhampton”

About: Adapted pre-match and post-match anthem

Original: “Hi Ho Silver Lining” by Jeff Beck

Significance: Played at Molineux since the 1990s

28 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Billy Wright, Rachael Heyhoe Flint, Stan Cullis, Robert Plant, Derek Dogan, Steve Bull, Jack Hayward, Eric Idle, Ron Flowers, Jeff Beck, Judith Keppel.........Judith Keppel....can you hear me? can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating!

...My teacher year 6 (would be the year after the Bull game)

Much closer to our old selves. I don't think it can be understated how massively important having some CM bench options actually is on many fronts but none more so that we don't have to manage legs as much through games. Gives us so much more flexibility.

Lovely to see Willock back and looking sharper.

I thought Bruno was unbelievable.