Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

How I feel about the Burn talk. Longstaff has needlessly lost the ball a couple of times and played Tino and Bruno hospital balls, I know he covers better than Miley but it's wearing thin with him on the ball like.

It's like his brain goes into sleep mode as soon as he is in possession 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

If Tony G hadn't got crocked then I'd have felt quite confident going into the second. As it stands, very little to change on the bench attack-wise.

I think we looked better when he went off tbh. He didn't seem fit/up for it from the start. Murphy came on put a few decent crosses in from the right, Miggy from the left plus offering more protection to Burn. We looked way better. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Saying Longstaff is having a bad game is a bit agenda-ariffic for me, like. He's been very good physically so far imo. 

He keeps giving the ball away, he's just a pretty poor footballer. In the first few minutes we had the ball in a decent position where he managed to prevent a goalkick and two terrible touches later he gives away a throw in

Gallagher is impressive in a really unimpressive way. He’s absolutely everywhere, but then doesn’t do anything sexy at all. I can see why teams are after him and he’s the kind of player that’ll be loved by home fans but not very exciting at all

All the moaning apart, the game is still very much there to be won if we can find some precision in the final third. We've played some decent stuff up to a point.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Botman with two awful clearances and looking shaky yet I imagine if I scroll back a few pages it'll mainly be cries about Almiron, Longstaff and Burn?

Botman got a lot of cries

Just now, andyc35i said:

I’m pretty sure Tino will be the best right back in the world 

Unless Chelsea finally finish him off like they've been trying all game.

I absolutely hate this lot like, especially now with the way they play which is up there with my least favourite type of football. Really hope we can nail this game down and win it, but it rarely feels like we will at Stamford Bridge, regardless of how shite they are.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Saying Longstaff is having a bad game is a bit agenda-ariffic for me, like. He's been very good physically so far imo. 

Yorkie man, legit wish I had your half glass fill mentality :laugh: