Newcastle United vs. West Ham United: 30/3/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

22 hours ago, madras said:

It's not a must win  at all. If we win do we win a title ? If we lose are we relegated ?

Not at all mate, lets get 10 draws for the rest of the season and we will finish 11th, it'll be mint.

Time for a real switch:

Dubravka 

Trippier   Lascelles  Schar

Livramento                                  Hall

Miley   Bruno   Anderson

Isak        Gordon

Give Botman and Willock a proper rest, as they haven't looked right. On the other hand, Anderson, Hall and Tino look full of energy. Euthanise Burn and Longstaff.

In all seriousness, with the above line up Tino has free reign on the right, but it also allows Trippier to pull the strings.  The change in formation does provide more protection and energy. I'd still ask Gordon to hang out on the left hand side but he wouldn't have to track back as much, that would save his legs somewhat.

We'd also have a bench of:  Murphy, Willock, Miggy, Longstaff, Burn, Botman and Targett to bring on. That would be nice.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Time for a real switch:

Dubravka 

Trippier   Lascelles  Schar

Livramento                                  Hall

Miley   Bruno   Anderson

Isak        Gordon

Give Botman and Willock a proper rest, as they haven't looked right. On the other hand, Anderson, Hall and Tino look full of energy. Euthanise Burn and Longstaff.

In all seriousness, with the above line up Tino has free reign on the right, but it also allows Trippier to pull the strings.  The change in formation does provide more protection and energy. I'd still ask Gordon to hang out on the left hand side but he wouldn't have to track back as much, that would save his legs somewhat.

We'd also have a bench of:  Murphy, Willock, Miggy, Longstaff, Burn, Botman and Targett to bring on. That would be nice.

Err....you do realise it's two weeks till this game? Why would we play five at the back against them? It will be:

Dub

Trip Schar Bot Burn

Longstaff Bruno Willock

Almiron Isak Gordon

I'd rather Burn and Longstaff were on the bench but of course we know that won't happen.

8 hours ago, Beth said:

Not at all mate, lets get 10 draws for the rest of the season and we will finish 11th, it'll be mint.

How about 1 defeat and 9 wins ? Hey we could lose the "must win".

Edited by madras

Their main threats imo are Kudus on the counter and Ward-Prowse on set pieces. Close or bring Kudus down before he's close to our box and we eliminate both threats. 

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Their main threats imo are Kudus on the counter and Ward-Prowse on set pieces. Close or bring Kudus down before he's close to our box and we eliminate both threats. 

Paqueta and Bowen will cause us bother as well.

They'll let us have a load of the ball then do us on the break like quite a few others have been succesful with

Just now, jack j said:

They'll let us have a load of the ball then do us on the break like quite a few others have been succesful with

No doubt :thup: Just don't see them as the main threat, but they are very good players that can also hurt us.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

The thing with the counter which has frustrated me loads this season, we just don’t do the dark arts anymore. Last season, we would be fouling as soon as ball is lost, bringing down players at first sign, slowing play right down against counter attacking sides.

Just not done hardly any of that this season. Even against Forest when we had Trippier playing, he failed to cynically take someone out on the counter.

As much as we’re weak when actually exposed, would also like us to see get back to the antics that pissed many teams and managers off last season. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Its not a must win game, but its a must not lose game if we are thinking Europe.

It is a must win game, taking into account of where else we can drop points, we can drop a max of 10 points to secure 7th and we have to play Spurs, Man U, Brighton, Fulham away which are tougher games than this.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

It is a must win game, taking into account of where else we can drop points, we can drop a max of 10 points to secure 7th and we have to play Spurs, Man U, Brighton, Fulham away which are tougher games than this.

I was thinking more of Wes Ham, but I see we have a game in hand on them. But yeah not winning will make it difficult. 

It's not a 'must win' at all really. The consequences of not winning are merely that we've one fewer chance of claiming the points we need to qualify for Europe. A draw would be disappointing and an opportunity missed, but it hardly ejects us from the race. West Ham are a good side; probably favourites for 7th as things stand. 

A defeat would be a miserable result, like; not that I expect it. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's not a 'must win' at all really. The consequences of not winning are merely that we've one fewer chance of claiming the points we need to qualify for Europe. A draw would be disappointing and an opportunity missed, but it hardly ejects us from the race. West Ham are a good side; probably favourites for 7th as things stand. 

A defeat would be a miserable result, like; not that I expect it. 

West Ham have a much tougher run than us, two of their easier games are off the back of playing Leverkusen.

Chelsea are favourites for 7th imo, with us second.

18 hours ago, jack j said:

It's posts like this and the Conjo one which makes me think what West Ham would be like with a more progressive manager. So much talent in there. Moyes will have them "par" at best, but I reckon a Potter or Howe would have them punching a place or two higher. They could be around where Villa & Spurs are. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Suspect that whoever defends better will win this one, as I think both teams will be fairly matched in attack. They have some quality scatter across the midfield and attack.

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Suspect that whoever defends better will win this one, as I think both teams will be fairly matched in attack. They have some quality scatter across the midfield and attack.

We’re going to smash them, no concerns about their scatter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we go on to win this 4-1

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We’re going to smash them, no concerns about their scatter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we go on to win this 4-1

The way this season is going, that wouldn’t surprise me either, here’s hoping!

Hopefully goes same way as after the October/November internationals. 4-0 (Palace) 4-1 (Chelsea). Where our intensity was there from word go, little breaks needed, but just kept it up for full 90 to wear opposition down.

Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of p*** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after. 

Anyone up for answering?

TIA 
Matt