Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

we’ve definitely been disjointed mind, also not seeing much  of that old intensity is our identity mantra either. 

We look pretty poor by premier league stands when we aren’t on it. 

I mean alright if you take a freekick quickly but the ref was standing  over the ball as if preventing it to be taken while Schar was down. Why was he standing there if he didn't mean to stop the play? Don't blame the players for expecting the game to be stopped there.

I can't wait for this season to end. There are so many players I hope aren't here after the summer. Although I'm not sure Howe has it in him to get rid of people like Longstaff and Burn. 

The dodgy reffing aside, we've been crap going forward, Gordon does everything right until he gets in the 18yd box, yes try the cut and shoot if it's on, but not in every attack, then his passing has been wayward, not to single him out, but he's been the outlet mainly.

on the other flank it's been none existent apart from one or two good crosses from Murphy, something has to change, I'd go Miggy and Barnes personally. 

Longstaff out Elliott in.

Edited by mighty__mag

Yeah, not so much fun this when we’re playing against the refs, the league and the entire fuckin footballing system. They looked at every which way to try and not give us a that penalty and then the ref doesn’t stop the game for a head injury and let’s then take a quick free kick knowing we weren’t ready. Fuckin cunts. 

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Last season we were the prime Simeone style shithousers. This season we are weak as piss all over. So frustrating.

We’ve definitely gone a bit soft, probably linked with our lack of confidence 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Longstaff, Murphy and Kraft shouldn’t really be playing for the richest club in the world. FFP sucks man

there's a 30 million pound fullback on the bench, fully healthy, and within the bounds of FFP

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Longstaff has been atrocious again. I'm really starting to get pissed off he is continuing to get a game. Defensively we look all over the place and Krafth has been poor also since coming on. Big half coming up as the pressure is starting to ramp up

Who else can Eddie play in there ? 

Longstaff - Anderson

Murphy - Almiron

Make it happen

I know he's not going to take Krafth off but he's done worse than nothing, I'd be tempted to take him off too.

1 minute ago, vexred said:

I can't wait for this season to end. There are so many players I hope aren't here after the summer. Although I'm not sure Howe has it in him to get rid of people like Longstaff and Burn. 

I'm worried about that as well.

Bit of a common-sense failure on the ref's part. If there's a centre back down injured, you really shouldn't allow a quick free kick. 

Technically there's nothing against the rules there, and maybe he thought Schar was making a meal of it. But it's still not the best call, particularly if it's based on a hunch.

Our defence for there first goal is so weird. I mean, why is Paqueta allowed so much space and time to make that pass? And if our midfielder is instructed not to press, then no way our defense line were positioned so high

its just fucking weird.

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Who else can Eddie play in there ? 

Change formation, unless he wants to try out Hall there.

Some people just dont appreciate how shitty Longstaff really is.

Forgot about Anderson.

Edited by Displayname