Yorkie

Go on so who was this on KUMB [emoji38]

Re: Newcastle Utd v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:32 pm

old fart wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:31 pm

Taking the the dog for a walk........

Make sure you hold on to the lead

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

What a game that was to be part off. Pure chaos. Wonderful.

Hall changed it with Anderson, two players who want and can get on the ball, and importantly play forward balls. Totally different team with them on. Willock had a proper donkey game, along with many others.

Our injuries :D 

Willock is a darling on here, he's done very little since returning ( except for those with tvs that track off the ball work )

Going to enjoy the win, but the first 60 and how little energy we had and couldn’t string passes together, after a break was proper alarming.

Hope it’s a turning point, and not a flash in a pan. 

Just now, Sibierski said:

Going to enjoy the win, but the first 60 and how little energy we had and couldn’t string passes together, after a break was proper alarming.

Hope it’s a turning point, and not a flash in a pan. 

I seriously contemplated leaving because I was getting more and more negative, thought everyone would be sick to fuck of me.

Really was hapless for 60 minutes.

I stayed firm and annoyed people for a little bit longer until the chaos.

14 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Willock is a darling on here, he's done very little since returning ( except for those with tvs that track off the ball work )

He's had one or two serious injuries and has barely had a kick. Were you expecting a few months out followed by Eusebio straight off the bat?

I honestly don't get how anyone thinks it's not a pen for the Gordon kick. Does Gordon foul Phillips - no Does Phillips make contact with any part of the ball - no Does Phillips kick Gordon causing him to go down - yes. It's as blatant a penalty as you can get. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's had one or two serious injuries and has barely had a kick. Were you expecting a few months out followed by Eusebio straight off the bat?

Liked the Eusebio mention, the Black Pearl ☺️

Nah nowt like that, in fact he"s lifetimes away.

Quite like Willock though, think he has his uses 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly don't get how anyone thinks it's not a pen for the Gordon kick. Does Gordon foul Phillips - no Does Phillips make contact with any part of the ball - no Does Phillips kick Gordon causing him to go down - yes. It's as blatant a penalty as you can get. 

BBC even said it was a harsh penalty. I mean, he full on kicked him, so what are they expecting? 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

There’s a reason players don’t tend to swipe at the ball in the box like Phillips did and it’s literally what happened with Gordon. 

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ward Prowse anonymous again I thought. Don't think he would add much to our midfield

Instead of Longstaff?! Have you been sniffing marker pens?

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Instead of Longstaff?! Have you been sniffing marker pens?

Both were poor today, we can do better than both

I absolutely love this team of players and staff. They put themselves in trouble annoyingly frequently but fuck they don't half dig in. This is why I feel so forgiving and recoil at the ott criticism; win, lose or draw they are a credit to the badge. The Luton and Bournemouth comebacks were admirable but that was on another level, given the state of the injuries. Wonderful stuff, a brilliant and well deserved win.

33 minutes ago, mush said:

Did Krafth go off injured? I lost track in all the madness :lol:

Not that I could make out....he was having a stinker though from my vantage point

21 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I think the issue with the penalty is if the same piece of play happened in our penalty box, where Philips went to kick the ball and Gordon put his foot in the way, then it would have been seen as a foul to West Ham and they would have had a penalty themselves, which is why they are arguing that it was a foul by Gordon.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I think the issue with the penalty is if the same piece of play happened in our penalty box, where Philips went to kick the ball and Gordon put his foot in the way, then it would have been seen as a foul to West Ham and they would have had a penalty themselves, which is why they are arguing that it was a foul by Gordon.

How? he doesn't touch Phillips. It would still be a free kick to us at the other end. Phillips is the one who kicks the leg not Gordon

24 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly dont get how anyone can think that was a penalty. He had no control of the ball, just put a foot between the West Ham player and the ball. Thats a freekick the other way in my book.

Put it this way, if the West Ham player was going to take a shot on goal I think it would be a clear freekick if a defender came from behind and stopped him like that.

Just now, Displayname said:

I honestly dont get how anyone can think that was a penalty. He had no control of the ball, just put a foot between the West Ham player and the ball. Thats a freekick the other way in my book.

Put it this way, if the West Ham player was going to take a shot on goal I think it would be a clear freekick if a defender came from behind and stopped him like that.

Absolute bollocks is he not allowed to put a challenge in. It matters not one jot that he doesn't have control of the ball. Phillips kicked Gordon's leg

Got ballot tickets for this ( 3 from all of them 😏

What a game 💪

For the ballot police, I was sat next to a couple of Dutch blokes. Told me there was a few of them dotted about (East Stand upper) & they paid £300 per ticket online. No idea where. 

Was an Ajax fan and this was his 1st Premier game. 

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Both were poor today, we can do better than both

I’m not suggesting I want JWP, but the step up from Longstaff to him is absolutely massive. The original post suggested otherwise. 90% of the chances and final balls Longstaff fluffs, JWP wouldn’t.

Anyway, no point in us signing him because we can do better, but to suggest JWP wouldn’t improve our midfield is nuts.