Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

52 minutes ago, madras said:

Re Paqueta, him and Bruno had a few giggles with each other during the game. Was canny funny watching actually.

It was great. Like battling each other and laughing about it.

Any friend of Bruno is a friend of ours. Shame it would cost 80 odd million to get him out of West Ham.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I didn't have too much beef about the second goal despite, by the letter of the law, the referee having made a mistake by allowing them to play. Schar was clearly feigning injury so - whilst there's a valid reason to be fuming - I just don't. 

It's the other way round re the Gordon dismissal; there's no really valid reason to be fuming, yet in this case I am, cos it's so fucking innocuous and disproportionate. I accept that it's an offence but for it to be met with the same punishment as a potentially leg-breaking tackle is very hard to stomach. Again no blame on the ref; clearly even Gordon had forgotten he'd been booked too.

When you think it's crazy that's its the same punishment as havertz early this season who clearly went in to hurt a player and didn't care about the consequences

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

It’s a running joke/bet I have with a mate when we watch Newcastle together. What minute in game will Schar go down ‘injured’.

It's actually amazing that for all the minutes he plays and the amount of times he goes down injured I can't recall him missing a game this season.

Watch him pull his hammy within 5 mins on Tuesday

I didn't have too much beef about the second goal despite, by the letter of the law, the referee having made a mistake by allowing them to play. Schar was clearly feigning injury so - whilst there's a valid reason to be fuming - I just don't. 

It's the other way round re the Gordon dismissal; there's no really valid reason to be fuming, yet in this case I am, cos it's so fucking innocuous and disproportionate. I accept that it's an offence but for it to be met with the same punishment as a potentially leg-breaking tackle is very hard to stomach. Again no blame on the ref; clearly even Gordon had forgotten he'd been booked too.

I don't think Gordon forgot he got booked, I think he realised the ref had forgot and thought he'd got away with it when the ref didn'tbring out the red card until Bowen told him he'd already been booked

I didn't have too much beef about the second goal despite, by the letter of the law, the referee having made a mistake by allowing them to play.

It's the fact he walks over, clearly holding up play only to bottle it cos they decided otherwise. Weak as piss refereeing 

31 minutes ago, STM said:

Bowen-Kudus-Paqueta are exceptional. Put them in Man Citys side with De Bruyne, Rodri and Haaland they'd not look out of place.

The issue West Ham have is that certainly the latter pair will be off very quickly.

Kudus could start for anyone.

When you look at their attack versus the defence we could put out, we could rightly expect to be battered. Especially on the counter. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Bowen-Kudus-Paqueta are exceptional. Put them in Man Citys side with De Bruyne, Rodri and Haaland they'd not look out of place.

The issue West Ham have is that certainly the latter pair will be off very quickly.

Kudus could start for anyone.

Watching West Ham without Kudus and Paqueta was absolutely dreadful. West Ham vs Brighton was the most boring game I've watched in a long time. Bowen looks clueless without them, which is very understandable. When they lose two of them to injury or something else they are in big trouble.

Edited by Erikse

After rewatching, I prefer Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left, Gordon's time on the right when Almiron went off showed complete change in wing play, it was more focused on delivery, he does tend to drift away from the right, but in the first half on the left there was little to no delivery, repeated cut ins and failed shots, and wayward passing, he's so direct though and a constant threat, but on the right he was looking for good delivery and finding his man, seems playing on the left he'd get goals, on the right he'd get assists, Barnes looks an absolute finisher, nowhere near as quick as Gordon, but he finds excellent positions, just feel when they're both fit they both need to play, but Barnes is more suited to the left, Gordon is blessed he can play a few positions. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

After rewatching, I prefer Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left, Gordon's time on the right when Almiron went off showed complete change in wing play, it was more focused on delivery, he does tend to drift away from the right, but in the first half on the left there was little to no delivery, repeated cut ins and failed shots, and wayward passing, he's so direct though and a constant threat, but on the right he was looking for good delivery and finding his man, seems playing on the left he'd get goals, on the right he'd get assists, Barnes looks an absolute finisher, nowhere near as quick as Gordon, but he finds excellent positions, just feel when they're both fit they both need to play, but Barnes is more suited to the left, Gordon is blessed he can play a few positions. 

We also aren't spoiled for choice and as effective a crosser Murphy can be, Gordon is effective enough on the right that, at full strength, just seems to make the most sense to have them both on the pitch if possible

West Ham Twitter today is both baffling and hilarious. Just them going back through every little piece of contact and saying “that’s a red”, “that’s a pen”. One of theirs was punched in the face before Barnes scored apparently. Free stadium, bubble obssessed wankers. Thanks for the 4 this season. 

3 hours ago, Upthemags said:

We also aren't spoiled for choice and as effective a crosser Murphy can be, Gordon is effective enough on the right that, at full strength, just seems to make the most sense to have them both on the pitch if possible

Ya play Gordon there all season. 

5 hours ago, STM said:

It was great. Like battling each other and laughing about it.

Any friend of Bruno is a friend of ours. Shame it would cost 80 odd million to get him out of West Ham.

It’ll be an honour to see them both reunited at City next season.

3 hours ago, Deuce said:

Kudus scoring in the 55th minute…of the first half. :lol: 

Kudus scored their 2nd goal in the 55th minute and Bowen scored their third goal in the 48th minute

1 hour ago, madras said:

Celebrating way down the line outside the technical area I think 

Something that cunt Klopp does basically every game, yet for Eddie's rare occasion it's a sin 

7 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Something that cunt Klopp does basically every game, yet for Eddie's rare occasion it's a sin 

Don't quote me on this mind (see you already did) it's what I was told it was for and it's what it looked like at the time. Could've said something but being Eddie I doubt it 

Edited by madras