Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 6/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Diallo the lad being released? Seems pointless him being on the bench.

Yeah I don’t understand that either. 

Same with two keepers, put someone like Harrison on the bench then at least you have an option. 

3 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

Yeah I don’t understand that either. 

Same with two keepers, put someone like Harrison on the bench then at least you have an option. 

Its really weird.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Diallo the lad being released? Seems pointless him being on the bench.

Believe the idea is we're releasing all the older players we don't think will make the grade, to create space for more promising 18 year olds in the under 21s. But it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't the best choice for putting out on the pitch today as we speak.

Rather Harrison played u23 football. Players need game time and development. Ones who are not here next season, I can understand why they’re on bench, as it’s not blocking game time in younger age group and not seeing the young talent make up the numbers and get no football as a result.

Like if we didn’t get all the injuries/Tonali ban, Miley would’ve been playing loads for u23s which probably gets forgotten. 

Edited by Sibierski

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Old enough to be Miley's dad then. Get him on the bench man, he came to Newcastle because he wanted a route to the first team.

12 minutes ago, 80 said:

Believe the idea is we're releasing all the older players we don't think will make the grade, to create space for more promising 18 year olds in the under 21s. But it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't the best choice for putting out on the pitch today as we speak.

Get the idea, still seems a bit pointless mind.

Really hope we win. Getting one point behind Man Utd and them to lose tomorrow hopefully, would spice things right up and give us the carrot we need.

Just now, OverThere said:

Seems he is very left sided and when has played on the right it didn't work out

It’s not working out with Longstaff either in fairness. I’d give it a go just to give him a break.