Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 hours ago, Skeletor said:

How humble of him.

As he said himself:

"Certainly there is a cautionary tale there," the 58-year-old said.

""The reward for that was Champions League and this year, for whatever reason, it has made it a really challenging season on all fronts for them."

That to me comes across as "Don't be like little Newcastle qualifying for a competition that you don't belong in." He definitely chose his words very poorly.

Not how I took it. Making doubly sure you have a deep enough squad could be the learning from our cautionary tale. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

About what?

Diallo has been on the bench the last few games due to our injury crisis, the fact he's playing means that's not the case today.

Eddie said yesterday that not many players are close to being ready to come back.

I could just be doing 2+2=5 admittedly.

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Prediction:

Newcastle win, and Bruno at the end of a MOTM performance gets booked in the 89th minute for something completely daft after about ten games of being a good lad.

Didn't someone say that if Bruno gets 2 yellow cards it's only a one match suspension?  If so and he gets one yellow card during the game I have this great mental image of us winning in the 90+ minute and Bruno really calmly and deliberately getting another yellow card, perhaps by making a small foul then just as Spurs are about to take the free kick running up and booting the ball away. He then goes to shake the hand of the Spurs captain and the ref and walks off smiling and waving to the crowd as the ref shows the second yellow and the red to his back.  Howe suppress a smile and Tindle just beams at him like a proud father. Next level shithousery.

1 minute ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Didn't someone say that if Bruno gets 2 yellow cards it's only a one match suspension?  If so and he gets one yellow card during the game I have this great mental image of us winning in the 90+ minute and Bruno really calmly and deliberately getting another yellow card, perhaps by making a small foul then just as Spurs are about to take the free kick running up and booting the ball away. He then goes to shake the hand of the Spurs captain and the ref and walks off smiling and waving to the crowd as the ref shows the second yellow and the red to his back.  Howe suppress a smile and Tindle just beams at him like a proud father. Next level shithousery.

Yeah, weirdly a red card would be better than one yellow in terms of suspension time

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

Diallo has been on the bench the last few games due to our injury crisis, the fact he's playing means that's not the case today.

Eddie said yesterday that not many players are close to being ready to come back.

I could just be doing 2+2=5 admittedly.

He's getting released at the end of the season, might just put some youngsters with more of a future on the bench

Edited by joeyt

Just now, Skeletor said:

Does the ten yellows not have a cut off date like the five yellows has? Quick google search says 32 games is the cut off?

Yes, if he avoids a booking today it goes from ban after 10 yellows to ban after 15 yellows.