Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United: 24/4/24 @ 20:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

So here is the newly updated Premier League form table, which covers the past six matches for all teams, after Saturday’s matches:

IMG_1907.thumb.webp.97208c5630a722db4e1f26d8abe174d7.webp

:indi:

Chelsea are full steam as well. No losses in six, must be best form of their season. Seems like Pochettino has finally got them into a way of playing which works. They’ve such a strong squad, on paper, and always have great sub options. I’d be leaving Jackson out for a bit if I was him. 

27 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Chelsea are full steam as well. No losses in six, must be best form of their season. Seems like Pochettino has finally got them into a way of playing which works. They’ve such a strong squad, on paper, and always have great sub options. I’d be leaving Jackson out for a bit if I was him. 

Draw with Burnley and Sheff Utd and a flukey win against Man Utd in that run ? 

35 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I'm not sure they are?

I genuinely feel its mostly all been done on reputation, probable potential etc.

Take Madueke he's 22 only really played in the Eredivise scored 11 in over 50 appearances. It doesn’t really feel much different than what our 19yr old Minteh is doing now and people are already saying he should probably go out on loan again? Feel the same about lots of their players, Mudryk, 40 appearances only 4 goals, cost 80m and is 23, we got both Barnes and Gordon for less than Mudryk, both English and both give you value with goals. Enzo and Caicedo pair of them cost over 200m, Brighton must be pissing themselves as they have 9m Gilmour who's looked better than the departing Caicedo.

I just feel Cole Palmer has carried them all season and if he'd have been missing they'd be right down in the bottom half scrapping around with Bournemouth, Fulham, Wolves etc.

I look at that entire squad, the amount of cash they've blown, see hardly any return on players with resale value, and potential I see Levi Colwill and Palmer.

And I'm not digging out your post btw, I just don't think they're as good as they've spent, could have been done with less than half the money, and likely had better success. 

Edited by mighty__mag

On 20/04/2024 at 07:55, LiquidAK said:

Hasn't realised we weren't the only show in town that evening, fair enough really 

I kind of understand why 3pm games aren't on TV but when a game is moved to a midweek for whatever reason then it should be made available to watch on TV. Even if they charged a small PPV fee I would personally pay it.

5 minutes ago, Vaj said:

I kind of understand why 3pm games aren't on TV but when a game is moved to a midweek for whatever reason then it should be made available to watch on TV. Even if they charged a small PPV fee I would personally pay it.

Yeah I guess there's no reason TNT couldn't be showing all 3 games that evening across their various channels, presumably they chose not to purchase them or weren't given then option if the game was moved

Chelsea score well on xG, which suggests they should have won more games.

They've played pretty much the whole season without Nkunku who looked the most promising of their forwards.

I'd expect them to be back next season, esp if they stick with Poch.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not sure they are?

I genuinely feel its mostly all been done on reputation, probable potential etc.

Take Madueke he's 22 only really played in the Eredivise scored 11 in over 50 appearances. It doesn’t really feel much different than what our 19yr old Minteh is doing now and people are already saying he should probably go out on loan again? Feel the same about lots of their players, Mudryk, 40 appearances only 4 goals, cost 80m and is 23, we got both Barnes and Gordon for less than Mudryk, both English and both give you value with goals. Enzo and Caicedo pair of them cost over 200m, Brighton must be pissing themselves as they have 9m Gilmour who's looked better than the departing Caicedo.

I just feel Cole Palmer has carried them all season and if he'd have been missing they'd be right down in the bottom half scrapping around with Bournemouth, Fulham, Wolves etc.

I look at that entire squad, the amount of cash they've blown, see hardly any return on players with resale value, and potential I see Levi Colwill and Palmer.

And I'm not digging out your post btw, I just don't think they're as good as they've spent, could have been done with less than half the money, and likely had better success. 

Fair points. Hence the on paper/what they have paid to assemble the squad comment.  

My observation was triggered by seeing they had the likes of Chilwell, Sterling, Mudryk, Badiashile, Chukwuemeka etc to bring on yesterday. Quite a contrast to our usual pick and mix options. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Their next 3/4 games are hard. Jackson is meh! 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Played well last week there against Liverpool in fairness. 

He did, and with Guehi out they are thin at the back. Tomkins or Holding coming in?

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

He did, and with Guehi out they are thin at the back. Tomkins or Holding coming in?

Hopefully Holding, although he didn’t even make the bench last week.

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

2 very good wins, perfect timing. Ffs.

Glad this is at Palace actually. There fans will be expecting a good performance as a minimum. Ideally we wouldn't play on the counter against this lot but that could be the way this once.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Glad this is at Palace actually. There fans will be expecting a good performance as a minimum. Ideally we wouldn't play on the counter against this lot but that could be the way this once.

Can’t disagree with this. Just a shame we’re not going to have a bench really again. Always an absolutely honking game down there (as usually at home) too.

19 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Arsenal and villa away this week for them followed by spurs at home. If they can get 4 points from that lot they've gotta chance of finishing above us or man u I think

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Can’t disagree with this. Just a shame we’re not going to have a bench really again. Always an absolutely honking game down there (as usually at home) too.

Wilson and Trippier potentially back on the bench would be a nice. Maybe one or two games too early for Big Jo though unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, Vaj said:

They will from the season after next.

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

2 very good wins, perfect timing. Ffs.

Aye but that’s made them pretty much safe, and they will have played 2 games since our last game. It could all play into our hands.

I don't think their two wins means a whole lot. Palace are a team that never really finds any form, they could win two and go winless for about four quite easily. We need to play with confidence and not like we did in that first half against Fulham. Isak, Barnes and Gordon on fire will mean goals for us.