Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

I love this so much for us. Fantastic signing if true! He will surprise a lot of people.

I've been wishing for the Super Eagles to get him on the team as England haven't had him involved.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given our lack of athleticism at CB. I'm more excited about this than I am Kelly (though both would be nice).

He's a unit and decent with the ball at his feet, hope it's true.

Kelly shares a lot of similar traits. Big, fast and athletic, but also comfortable on the ball and uses it well. The added bonus with him is he's really comfortable at left back too, and not in the Dan Burn way.

The main difference is Tosin is really calm and cerebral and looks to time things more. Kelly is more aggressive in the challenge and can actually be a bit rash at times.

I'd hope we get both tbh. Would be a great coup. Both really underrated because they are not at bigger clubs.

If we get both they will show their quality and it will catch folks off guard.

Posted (edited)

This is a great start. Especially since it’s a CB and on a “free” and a player that is pretty athletic as well. We could spend 30-40m on a CB and it wouldn’t be a guarantee that he’d more quality than Tosin might do for us. Especially since he might se this as an exciting new challenge and environment to thrive in. Shrewd business. Hopefully he will do very well. Gut feeling is that he’ll be a very solid addition. 

Edited by Ikon

I’m expecting a no Hope/Edwards tweet along the lines of Newcastle like the player but no contact, nothing close 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Kelly shares a lot of similar traits. Big, fast and athletic, but also comfortable on the ball and uses it well. The added bonus with him is he's really comfortable at left back too, and not in the Dan Burn way.

The main difference is Tosin is really calm and cerebral and looks to time things more. Kelly is more aggressive in the challenge and can actually be a bit rash at times.

I'd hope we get both tbh. Would be a great coup. Both really underrated because they are not at bigger clubs.

If we get both they will show their quality and it will catch folks off guard.

Will be really happy with both. They bring something we have lacked a while now as you say pace and athletic.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Too good to be true.

Chelsea have jumped in apparently. Offered silly wages I guess. (😉)

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I’m expecting a no Hope/Edwards tweet along the lines of Newcastle like the player but no contact, nothing close 

Followed 5 minutes later by a holding-the-shirt tweet from the clubs official account.

Good signing I reckons, though the article doesn't really commit much more than 'we're leading the chase'.

With our injuries we can pretty much guarantee him a starting berth at the beginning of the season, which may help.

Anyway, he was an absolute mainstay of my FM20 Burton Albion team (signed him on an end of contract then too) so I hope it goes through.

Concentration issues aside, this lad would be a beast for us. It’s rare you get a cb with his physical attributes that’s good on the ball and can pass. On a free this would be great business if it comes off. We can then put more funds into securing that much needed right-winger.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, the article isn't as confident as the headline. 

This too:

"Ideally, the magpies would like to sign both players, and talks over Adarabioyo have progressed successfully in the last few weeks."

And...

"Adarabioyo is understood to have been offered a long-term deal at St James’ Park worth more than £100,000-a-week."

Granted Wilson isn't a great source.

9 minutes ago, OCK said:

Never heard of him, he from AEW?

Aye, Tiny Conn managed to get him in from under Big Nose's...er..nose..

Reminds me of a similar deal to when Liverpool signed Matip on a free.

Big and physical but also technical defender, slightly under the radar as a player. The fact that Matip had opted for Cameroon as he'd never got near the German youth set up is similar to Tosin being chased by Nigeria.

Gonna get his film name on the back of my shirt

Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami "Tosin" Adarabioyo