Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

Posted (edited)

I don't think the plan will be for Tosin to be a de facto #1 RCB. Obviously, he'll be in contention for it if he plays well, but I think the more likely plan is this will be Schar's last season and we'll then go big on a young CB like Scalvini.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think it would depend on how we sell it to Tammy. Last season both Isak and Wilson were playing and performing, and we didn't even have Europe then. If it's that sort of approach then I think it would work. I also am hoping we would then also see them paired together at times too.

Tammy had an ACL injury, but he's still young and hasn't really been a crock for most of his career. I think he'll be fine. Think Wilson has done his ACL 3 separate times in comparison.

But we've not seen how Tammy has recovered from the ACL. He scored 8 league goals in the season prior and must be on massive wages.

I don't know man. Wilson is a much better finisher than Tammy. Near enough fully amortised fee, ok wages.

I'm a staunch Wilson supporter me. Scored more goals this season than Tammy has in the last 2 seasons combined.

Surely they can just pay a sign on fee to keep the wages lower, and therefore make the player more affordable should you need to move them on. You take more of a hit in year1 but nothing compared to paying £35-40M.

Put him on £70K a week and a £6M sign on. That totals c.£100K a week over 4 years.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Tosin is being brought in to be Botmans partner at CB, once Botman is back fit and firing.

£100,000 a week is fair value. I don't see that as wrecking the wage structure at all. Botman is on around that amount I believe.

I haven't seen anything from Tosin to suggest he's better than Schar. He's quicker and better in the air but I don't know his game like that. Doesn't strike me as a baller like Fabian.

I like what I see though. I like his profile.

I assume Tosin will compete with Burn to partner Schar at the beginning of the season.

I like the reports that he values the project and our plans for his development. I wouldn't blame a player for just taking the biggest payday on offer but that's not the sort of player we need. Not that we won't be offering good money obviously...

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wasn't this guy one of Man Citys prospects down the years, then shipped on, am I right in thinking a loan spell with Villa?

West Brom

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

But we've not seen how Tammy has recovered from the ACL. He scored 8 league goals in the season prior and must be on massive wages.

I don't know man. Wilson is a much better finisher than Tammy. Near enough fully amortised fee, ok wages.

I'm a staunch Wilson supporter me. Scored more goals this season than Tammy has in the last 2 seasons combined.

I hear you, but I saw a fair bit of that Roma side last season under Mourinho, and it was pretty disgusting stuff. Also generally a much more defensive league.

In our team and the way we play, in the Premier League, I see a completely different outcome. Wilson had a number of seasons at Bournemouth where he didn't crack double figures by the way, when working through his own knee injuries, with King outscoring him, so it's all relative.

The wages will definitely be an issue, as I'm sure he is being paid well there. I really only referred to him because he has been linked recently at a very fair price. My point was more that I don't see us spending £50 million on a backup striker, like @TRonwas anticipating.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If this is true - this is a heck of a lot.

I would expect around £70k or close to whatever Schar and Botman are. But not more unless he is coming to start.

The bad thing about free transfers is they can wreck the entire wage structure. This is one of Villa's bigger long-term issues. If Tielemans is on £150k, when it's time for McGinn & Kamara's renewal - they need £160k at a minimum. They start full strength, Tielemans does not.

The wages killed Leicester in the end.

-----

All of what i said is null and void if we execute a top strategy to increase the revenue.

Your points still stands, but Kamara was a free transfer too and is by all accounts on the same wages as Tielemans already.

Edited by Conjo

We've been though the Barnes thing a million times man, he scores goals. 

Yes we're still starting Murphy and Almiron but I think we can all agree that the season hasn't exactly gone as expected availability-wise :lol:

The striker is a tricky one, there's an argument to keep Wilson and take a punt on a young third striker, but it seems inevitable that Wilson will go. In which case we need a capable replacement. 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I haven't seen anything from Tosin to suggest he's better than Schar. He's quicker and better in the air but I don't know his game like that. Doesn't strike me as a baller like Fabian.

I like what I see though. I like his profile.

I assume Tosin will compete with Burn to partner Schar at the beginning of the season.

I've never really loved Schar defensively, especially when he gets caught in open spaces one on one. I think Tosin is the better defender personally and more dominant in the air.

Botman likely won't be healed up and fully ready to start until next year now, and so I see Tosin pairing with Schar.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Your points still stands, but Kamara was a free transfer too and is by all accounts on the same wages as Tielemans already.

Aye but Kamara is a starter and a top performer. Likewise though - Luiz and McGinn should want his money when they renew.

The good thing about Tosin & Kelly is they won't come in as our highest earners like I assume Tielemans & Kamara did. Tosin and Kelly might move the wage floor for squad members. And better yet, the players they are replacing - might not get new contracts beyond their existing ones anyway due to age.. or will settle for a lower wage due to age (Schar and Burn).

Tielemans and Kamara are top earners (I assume) and McGinn & Luiz are in their primes. They will want 3-5 year deals on the megabucks Villa have shown they will pay. It raises the ceiling. What should Watkins earn? Martinez? etc.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I've never really loved Schar defensively, especially when he gets caught in open spaces one on one. I think Tosin is the better defender personally and more dominant in the air.

Botman likely won't be healed up and fully ready to start until next year now, and so I see Tosin pairing with Schar.

Nigerian bias though init.

I'm happy with the Tosin signing. Just don't want us to checkmate ourselves on silly wages. I don't think we will though.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm happy with the Tosin signing. Just don't want us to checkmate ourselves on silly wages. I don't think we will though.

We absolutely won’t ??

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Maybe [emoji38]

I always watch my Naija guys quite closely. I've been hoping the Super Eagles do more to get him on board.

I think we'll be fine wages wise. You may well be right that it won't be that high. The £100,000 figure was more of an absolute max amount I could see happening.

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

That’s how I see it. While Botman is out, Eddie will move Schar to the left and Tosin takes his position on the right. I think we’re looking at Burn starting on the left for the first game with Hall and Kelly on the bench 

Would be gutted if this happens, like. :lol:

Burn has been great LCB after starting to look vulnerable at LB. I'd be happy with us playing any two of those three at CB for a while, but please no more LB.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be gutted if this happens, like. :lol:

Burn has been great LCB after starting to look vulnerable at LB. I'd be happy with us playing any two of those three at CB for a while, but please no more LB.

Just thinking that this is the way Howe will want to go, not that I agree with it. For me, one of Hall and Livramento has to start next season 

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

You’d assume he’s a top lad too given he’s got the green light from Eddie.

Watching some interviews etc and he does look like a really nice guy