Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

He went to Fulham for first team football. So Chelsea shouldn't be an option for him, I think the move to Fulham highlights he wants to play matches so we should be in pole position. 

If he’s happy to be one of the big money brigade and play the occasional game for Chelsea then that’s his call.

Hopefully he sees us as a place where he can become an international footballer and he wants to progress with us.

Suppose you couldn't blame him for choosing Chelsea when it's just around the corner. 

As per the ManU link; lol at the teams being allowed to spend recklessly snaffling all the freebies as well. In other news, Elon Musk shops in the aisle with all the orange labels on. 

He couldn’t have spoken to anyone at Chelsea about his role and how he fits, something I’m sure we would have told him in great detail. Chelsea haven’t appointed their manager yet, so yeah it’s either the pay check or our offer of football.  

4 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Nice response

Find me an NUFC fan that doesn't want European football. It's a ridiculous claim. 

The fact we're not in Europe certainly won't have as big an impact on who we can and can't sign above the power of a chequebook. Had we been in Europe and not Chelsea, who then pop up with a contract offer, we'd have had similar feelings. Rightly or wrongly, they spend more.

He will be first choice for England if he signs for us. Or he can be a rotation option somewhere else. His choice, and potentially his loss if England win the World Cup once they get a competent manager.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Find me an NUFC fan that doesn't want European football. It's a ridiculous claim. 

The fact we're not in Europe certainly won't have as big an impact on who we can and can't sign above the power of a chequebook. Had we been in Europe and not Chelsea, who then pop up with a contract offer, we'd have had similar feelings. Rightly or wrongly, they spend more.

I have seen plenty that didn’t want the Conference League which I think is crazy! I think it could have a big impact if we don’t get Tosin, of course who knows if that is due to being in Europe or not but Keith Downie seems to be suggesting it’s a factor 

Just now, Vaj said:

I have seen plenty that didn’t want the Conference League which I think is crazy! I think it could have a big impact if we don’t get Tosin, of course who knows if that is due to being in Europe or not but Keith Downie seems to be suggesting it’s a factor 

If he turns us down to join Chelsea, do you honestly think it's because they're in the Europa Conference League and we aren't?

Basket case club who still came closer to winning something last season than we’ve managed in about 50 years. 

11 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

If this goes tits up I am banning myself from creating threads

Keep truckin', man. 

Jokes aside it's clearly worthy of a thread of its own if there's 36 pages worth of discussion. Even if they don't sign. Maddison got to 200+. :lol:

1 minute ago, JJ7 said:

Basket case club who still came closer to winning something last season than we’ve managed in about 50 years. 

I mean that’s a lie, we got to the exact same position as them the season before.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I mean that’s a lie, we got to the exact same position as them the season before.

Extra time?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Had Trippier not been on the pitch they'd not of even got passed us. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If he turns us down to join Chelsea, do you honestly think it's because they're in the Europa Conference League and we aren't?

Only going by what is reported and yes I think it’s certainly a factor. Probably more to do with the amount of games you play and therefore more opportunity to play games and establish yourself as first choice as opposed to playing in the Conference League specifically