Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

17 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Said it before, the emotional damage in our fanbase is so noticeable like. :lol:

It’s weird though because for me being punished by Ashley for 15 years just means everything that happens now is amazing. I can’t understand why anyone would be more negative now. 

17 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Said it before, the emotional damage in our fanbase is so noticeable like. :lol:

So true, so very true.

It is very evident in the large number of illogical, but seemingly heartfelt, small/tiny club style comments that appear on many threads on here, many times.

It is taking some people a very (very) long time to adjust . . . 

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s weird though because for me being punished by Ashley for 15 years just means everything that happens now is amazing. I can’t understand why anyone would be more negative now. 

I Said when the Takeover happened that some of our fans just won't enjoy the process coming.

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

So true, so very true.

It is very evident in the large number of illogical, but seemingly heartfelt, small/tiny club style comments that appear on many threads on here, many times.

It is taking some people a very (very) long time to adjust . . . 

I still think we are very unlucky though, Man Utd have ridden their luck since Fergie times and they always seen to get the rub of the green, our butter side seems to permanently fall face down.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

I Said when the Takeover happened that some of our fans just won't enjoy the process coming.

The way I think about it is kind of two different threads or graph lines.

One, the long term, is just heading like 45 degrees upwards and that’s what I focus on. 

The other one might sometimes go flat, or up by 60 degrees, or only up by 30 degrees. But I really can’t bring myself to be too bothered about that. 

The crunch would be if I believed we didn’t have the right people for the long term line to be heading up, but that seems a long way off at the moment - we have so much ground to make up, on and off the pitch. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ben said:

I still think we are very unlucky though, Man Utd have ridden their luck since Fergie times and they always seen to get the rub of the green, our butter side seems to permanently fall face down.

For now !!!

When our 'butter side' turns face-up (very soon) it will then permanently face that way.

Thankfully, we will then be hated by all !!!!!

Edited by manorpark

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The way I think about it is kind of two different threads or graph lines.

One, the long term, is just heading like 45 degrees upwards and that’s what I focus on. 

The other one might sometimes go flat, or up by 60 degrees, or only up by 30 degrees. But I really can’t bring myself to be too bothered about that. 

The crunch would be if I believed we didn’t have the right people for the long term line to be heading up, but that seems a long way off at the moment - we have so much ground to make up, on and off the pitch. 

I watch trends all day as part of my job. Some folk can’t always grasp that a small downward snapshot is in fact part of a longer upward trajectory, and they lose their shit. We are on the onwards and upwards :indi:

I do think there's a genuine chance that missing out on Europe might be a deal breaker for him if other clubs are in - it's more of a guarantee of playing time. Man United will be down two CBs this summer as well.

I'm not gonna beat myself up about it if it happens. There's other players out there and we'll obviously have other irons in the fire if this doesn't come off.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

I do think there's a genuine chance that missing out on Europe might be a deal breaker for him if other clubs are in - it's more of a guarantee of playing time. Man United will be down two CBs this summer as well.

I'm not gonna beat myself up about it if it happens. There's other players out there and we'll obviously have other irons in the fire if this doesn't come off.

There could be something in this I agree. That being said Schar probably only has next season with us and there’s always going to be injuries so I’m still fairly confident he’ll sign. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

6 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Think my only disappointment with missing out on him would be that it means we would need to syphon budget away from other areas of the field, but as for missing out on him as a player, I'm pretty comfortable with our ability to identify fantastic players so it's a bit of a meh overall.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Dharmesh has been miles behind all the way through this one mind. Wasn't this bring reported last week?

Aye, although the reports of it being pretty much done last week also seem wide of the mark. Just reminds me how much I hate the majority of the transfer window.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Dharmesh has been miles behind all the way through this one mind. Wasn't this bring reported last week?

Precisely. Also worth mentioning that him and Kaveh fucking hate Newcastle.

If there's a negative slant, they are using it.

Aye. Downie and Hope were reporting a decent chunk of an agreement was in place earlier this week and there's been no report Man United or Chelsea have made an offer yet. It's just a Fab-esque non-update.

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Think my only disappointment with missing out on him would be that it means we would need to syphon budget away from other areas of the field, but as for missing out on him as a player, I'm pretty comfortable with our ability to identify fantastic players so it's a bit of a meh overall.

Thing is he's not going to be free. Signing on fee, large agent fee, and what was rumoured at 100k a week.

If you sign a promising defender from Europe you could be paying 1/3 the wages so overall be a similar price over length of the contract even if they cost 20-30 mill.

What was best about this signing is more that he's PL ready and I'd be confident in Howe throwing him straight in.

5 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Yeah free transfers aren't really any cheaper for the club, it's just that the transfer fee goes to the player instead of another club.

The agent fee and signing on fee is nowhere near what you'd typically pay in a transfer fee as well as the signing on fee and agent fee that still gets paid for a regular transfer.

The player and his agent just gets a boost in their signing on fee and agent fee, but it is nowhere close to what would be paid as a transfer fee.

You still save a bunch of money signing a player on a free.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It happens - the day the takeover happened I remember saying to my dad “I just hope it’s ages before our fans become entitled” and he said “it won’t be”

11 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Yeah free transfers aren't really any cheaper for the club, it's just that the transfer fee goes to the player instead of another club.

This is nonsense.

You have to pay the agent a hefty fee, you have to pay the player a hefty signing on fee but unless you are Kylian Mbappe, those fees are nowhere near a transfer fee.

It's quite plausible that we may have to pay 5/6m for Tosin/his agent but considering a transfer would cost upwards of 20m, its peanuts.