Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

Money is obviously going to come into it, but there’s other factors like moving regions, family comes into it I guess. I’m still confident this might happen, he’ll have been told he’ll be a key signing and will be getting game time. There’s plenty about the club including playing at St James and that atmosphere which is appealing together with the ‘project’ being sold.

Dont really care about this one, judging by peoples reaction it would be good if he did come in id just never heard of him before this window

20 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Money is obviously going to come into it, but there’s other factors like moving regions, family comes into it I guess. I’m still confident this might happen, he’ll have been told he’ll be a key signing and will be getting game time. There’s plenty about the club including playing at St James and that atmosphere which is appealing together with the ‘project’ being sold.

Plus Eddies reputation for developing players. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’m assuming you don’t know anything about Tosin as a person. So you are basically saying that you believe that these cream of the cream, driven and talented young sportsmen—who are all going to have a comfortable life financially because the rewards available in their sport—have no ambition or desire to make a difference, to be needed, and be part of a team in which they feel they can thrive. That nothing matters but the bottomline?  Do you honestly think that? 

There is some truth to it tbf 

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There is some truth to it tbf 

I really don’t think the only consideration a player has is how much the contract is worth. It obviously makes a difference but suspect some of that is how valued it makes them feel. It is a pretty poor view of humanity to imagine everybody, particularly those who are never going to be strapped for cash, is so mercenary/striving solely for money. 

I'd usually agree with you, but a footballers career is very short. Plus I think people are just jumping into conclusions - maybe he has relocated his family down south, maybe we have matched what Chelsea are offering.. who knows

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I really don’t think the only consideration a player has is how much the contract is worth. It obviously makes a difference but suspect some of that is how valued it makes them feel. It is a pretty poor view of humanity to imagine everybody, particularly those who are never going to be strapped for cash, is so mercenary/striving solely for money. 

I'm not saying the lad is a mercenary or owt, but it would be naive to think that being sold 'a project' is likely to make a footballer accept a lower wage.

I wouldn't - so I'm not judging them.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I'm not saying the lad is a mercenary or owt, but it would be naive to think that being sold 'a project' is likely to make a footballer accept a lower wage.

I wouldn't - so I'm not judging them.

You might if the numbers in the lower offer still set you up for life. A life that would be likely to be happier if you were a key part of a good team, surrounded by people you got on with, in a great atmosphere, with everyone    pulling in the same direction. 

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

You might if the numbers in the lower offer still set you up for life. A life that would be likely to be happier if you were a key part of a good team, surrounded by people you got on with, in a great atmosphere, with everyone    pulling in the same direction. 

You're right of course - but most players will still go to where the money and trophies are

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You're right of course - but most players will still go to where the money and trophies are

Well if they have their head screwed on there are numerous examples of that not being the rewarding strategy.

IMG_8401.jpeg.fe2bc30d4e3763eb2811a01f168e57fe.jpeg

2 hours ago, danny said:

Dont really care about this one, judging by peoples reaction it would be good if he did come in id just never heard of him before this window

Crikey. He's only been playing week in week out in the Premier League the last 4 years.

59 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Hopefully UEFA boot Chelsea from the ECL soon for breach of financial regulations.

No chance they boot a team that has won their elite competition twice in the last 15 years.

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I feel like if money is the sole motivation for a player then he wouldn't be a good fit here, so I wouldn't be too upset at being rejected on those grounds.

Re the bit in bold, it isn't so much a view of the players themselves imo, it's more the "industry" in general and in particular agents getting into their heads and persuading them that the best move for the player is (coincidentally) the one that brings in the most money for the agent.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Hopefully UEFA boot Chelsea from the ECL soon for breach of financial regulations.

They'll probably just sell the sky above Stamford Bridge to get more cash.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Crikey. He's only been playing week in week out in the Premier League the last 4 years.

I think if a player has been playing premier league football regularly for this amount of time it tells you he would be a solid squad option.

That he's been playing regularly for this amount of time and isn't particularly noted for being exceptionally good then that tells me it's not going to be the end of the world if he goes elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I think if a player has been playing premier league football regularly for this amount of time it tells you he would be a solid squad option.

That he's been playing regularly for this amount of time and isn't particularly noted for being exceptionally good then that tells me it's not going to be the end of the world if he goes elsewhere.

I think I've only realised recently that a lot of people just watch their own teams and then the big matches that are on during the weekend, that involve Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

It's why so many times we're linked with a player outside of these teams there's these comments of having never heard of them and sometimes whining about them not being good enough.

So not surprised by your comment really. He's clearly so unexceptional that the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and AC Milan have all been interested in him.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think I've only realised recently that a lot of people just watch their own teams and then the big matches that are on during the weekend, that involve Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

It's why so many times we're linked with a player outside of these teams there's these comments of having never heard of them and sometimes whining about them not being good enough.

So not surprised by your comment really. He's clearly so unexceptional that the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and AC Milan have all been interested in him.

Crikey! 

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Fucking dafties with families, responsibilities, other interests and stuff, eh?

image.thumb.png.21f1b552c59da651525182b68d9e4101.png

Hope you're well Rich.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Fucking dafties with families, responsibilities, other interests and stuff, eh?

That's perfectly fine, it's the claims that a player isn't good enough when they haven't been watching them that are baffling.

Not at a top club = not good. Unless they're being highlighted every week on match of the day. All feeds into the unbearable bias clubs at the top keep getting.

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

And clearly so unbelievably exceptional that they have all made big-money bids to buy him rather than just waiting until his contract expires to try and get him on a free. If we're going down the route of sarcasm.

I didn't mean to come across as saying he wasn't good enough btw, the signs are he would be a good addition to the squad and if he wants to come I hope we get him. Just at the same time I haven't seen or heard anything that would lead me to be overly upset if we missed out on him.

There are plenty of players who play for other non-Sky6 teams who stand out more than this lad- off the top of my head Gueye who plays in the same position as well as numerous other players at Palace, his teammate Palhinha, who have all stood out on the odd occasion I've seen them (you're right, I don't watch many Palace or Fulham games) and who get more headlines than this lad. That can't just be put down to ignorance of the clubs involved.

4 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

And clearly so unbelievably exceptional that they have all made big-money bids to buy him rather than just waiting until his contract expires to try and get him on a free. If we're going down the route of sarcasm.

I didn't mean to come across as saying he wasn't good enough btw, the signs are he would be a good addition to the squad and if he wants to come I hope we get him. Just at the same time I haven't seen or heard anything that would lead me to be overly upset if we missed out on him.

There are plenty of players who play for other non-Sky6 teams who stand out more than this lad- off the top of my head Gueye who plays in the same position as well as numerous other players at Palace, his teammate Palhinha, who have all stood out on the odd occasion I've seen them (you're right, I don't watch many Palace or Fulham games) and who get more headlines than this lad. That can't just be put down to ignorance of the clubs involved.

The main problem with missing out on him is we’ll have to spend part of our already restricted budget on someone else. It’s not often a player of his quality is available on a free.

he’s been mentioned numerous times over the last couple of years as someone we should look at signing.

In regard to this guy, I actually can't believe that we're not more involved in his transfer. With Varane going and Lindelof's exit possible, we're in desperate need for another centre back. I'd say Adarabioyo would start for us at the minute and likely play 40-50 times.

We've our own FFP restrictions this summer. We should be all over this.