Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

7 hours ago, Zero said:

You have to wonder why he is dropped, that likely he is deemed not good enough / worse than the likes of Badiashile and Disasi

We might dodged a bullet

These were all highly rated players before going to Chelsea though :lol:

Other than Palmer I'm struggling to think of a recent player who's went there and not flopped.

10 hours ago, Cf said:

Not really a PSR thing that. If they do manage to sell him for a decent wedge then it's just pure profit. You'd want that regardless of PSR. 

Disagree entirely. Whilst there always has been an obvious benefit of buying players on a free, the risks and rewards of such deals are fundamentally changed when PSR is considered.

You mention "pure profit" but in a pre-PSR world, accounting profit was largely irrelevant, since all rational financial decision making was based on cash flow and cost of capital (i.e the real world). The risk of putting Tosin on a  long (and potentially onerous) contract is high in this context, even if he was free.

In a post PSR world, the benefit of crystallising pure accounting PSR profit from deals like this, completely changes the risk/reward dynamics.

I.e. clubs are willing to accept the risk of onerous contracts, because the downside is amortised over a long period, whereas the upside (player sale) is crystallised immediately. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My goodness man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the admin are a shambles.

As someone who used to do admin I'm pretty sure if I went to Chelsea they would have ruined me too.

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My goodness man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the admin are a shambles.

Love to say that too but we failed to register Bowyer and he didn't clear his ban. :lol:

44 minutes ago, LRD said:

Love to say that too but we failed to register Bowyer and he didn't clear his ban. :lol:

Aye that was a fuck up. :lol:

Didn't register him for the UEFA Cup due to a 6-game ban, but the ban didn't count as he wasn't registered so ended up missing 12. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He's obviously kicked off and they've had to sacrifice someone else. 

Fucking squad games.

They only named 21 didnt they? Looks like simply forgot assuming they lost 3 spaces fore only havent one player thats been there 18 months let alone before they were 18

What’s hilarious about that quote is Maresca is coming out saying “there’s no shambles here, I’m working with a normal squad” which absolutely takes the piss out of his owner and club. He’s basically telling every other club that half their squad can be lowballed. They’re a fucking clown club from top to bottom 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

What’s hilarious about that quote is Maresca is coming out saying “there’s no shambles here, I’m working with a normal squad” which absolutely takes the piss out of his owner and club. He’s basically telling every other club that half their squad can be lowballed. They’re a fucking clown club from top to bottom 

Modern day Pardew. Boehly would love him.

It's making a lot more sense now why Pochettino went. I imagine he said no to whatever batshit ideas they had for this season and they've brought in a patsy whose happy to go along with it all.

2 hours ago, Emotic said:

Right, so, almost two dozen players he doesn't know or care about in the squad, then. Absolute shambles.

I guess if you say "it's not a mess" loud enough then that makes it not a mess.

14 hours ago, Zero said:

You have to wonder why he is dropped, that likely he is deemed not good enough / worse than the likes of Badiashile and Disasi

We might dodged a bullet

Badiashile and Disasi are/were ~£40m players though. It was a weird choice considering his career, no doubts about that.