Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Almiron and Barnes were absolutely chod. Barnes is weird, looks a world beater one week and then like he's got his boots on the wrong feet the next. Hopefully a symptom of the long term injury and he can find some consistency next year. As much as Miggy is a cult figure, I'd rather he was moved on. Infuriating player.

Just now, andycap said:

The penalty dive from miggy is why like. If he stays on his feet he's in on goal. 

Yeah, no reason to be a pathetic shit and dive there.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I do think taking Isak off was a mistake. It's clear why it was done though, 3 games in a week and no backup striker. Almost paid off too, if Barnes had released that ball to Miggy a fraction earlier. Margins.

Just for the "U NEVR CRITIZISE HOWEE" wankers.

I thought it was the right decision. Isak looked quite leggy from pressing in the first half. He's racked up a lot of minutes playing solo this season.

Apart from the listless start (which was quite a ballache to recover from) it's tough to be too critical*. Just a particularly annoying team to play from behind against on a hot day.

(Only watched part of the match as I was chauffeuring kids every 15-20 mins).

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The joys of depending on Callum Wilson as an option. Stripped away a threat by yet another injury. Still should have won but one of those daft performances that have been the difference between top 4 chasing and top 6 chasing.

Villas chasing top four and they got beat off Brighton last week. Teams get beat and that’s football- we don’t have to always find a reason or blame something.

Dunno why the huge over reaction.  Yes Chelsea will likely win today. But there’s no guarantee Man U will tomorrow. Unlikely if anything.  

if Chelsea slip up. We as we were, or at best an extra point ahead . 

only really need to be worried IF both Chelsea and Man U win

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Almiron and Barnes were absolutely chod. Barnes is weird, looks a world beater one week and then like he's got his boots on the wrong feet the next. Hopefully a symptom of the long term injury and he can find some consistency next year. As much as Miggy is a cult figure, I'd rather he was moved on. Infuriating player.

Agreed - Barnes has a big season ahead of himself next year. Some decent highlights with his handful of important goals in 1-2 games this year but on the overall much improvement needed next season and hopefully injury free.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, Chris L said:

Dunno why the huge over reaction.  Yes Chelsea will likely win today. But there’s no guarantee Man U will tomorrow. Unlikely if anything.  

Queue both Chelsea and manu both winning :lol:

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Still all in our hands, might be goal difference that makes the difference.

You'd hope our GD will remain out of reach to Chelsea. They have scored big on a few occasions this season but surely it's far to big a gap to bridge.

1 minute ago, Chris L said:

I’m scratching my head at it.  We needed seven points before the game to mathematically guarantee it (not allowing for Chelsea winning both games 8-0 or something daft).  We can still get those seven points - and that’s without others dropping points.  It’s completely OTT

Miggy's dive was poor, but I thought he was fine aside from that. Great run and very smart ball to Gordon that would've been a winner if Barnes had released it a half-second earlier.

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

The penalty dive from miggy is why like. If he stays on his feet he's in on goal. 

Him and Longstaff dont understand this. its mental.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just left the stadium, was Gordons a pen ?

No, very minimal contact but he made the most of it. Probably not overturned if given on field though 

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

When has Barnes looked like a world beater? Looks like he’s good for a goal every 3 games but very little else to me.