Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Krafth was decent, considering my expectations of him. :lol: Half expect us to get an offer for him in the summer and we should move him on, if we get the chance. 

Again, an Emil Krafth, who can play competently at RB and CB should be a no brainer for an emerging PL side who just wants to get a foot in the door. From our point of view, every little helps from an FFP perspective.

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Could be right; I thought he dug himself out of problems a few times to good effect.

My critique is often off when it's my first time at the ground for a while. :lol: Too busy soaking it all in. 

I was in the East Stand/Leazes corner for the first time. Loved the view and there was a good atmosphere there, plus I was at the back of a section so had the pleasure of being able to stand. Good lord the legroom was the pits though. I wonder how tall people can cope at times.

The exact part on the opposite side of the leazes milburn corner is the worst I've sat in. Back row of the 2nd level of seating, there's only about 7 seats before you hit the concrete barrier for the milburn, you have to sit with your legs sideways and if you want the bog the whole 7 people have to get up and stand on the stairs to let you out. 

Looking back at this, it’s weird because I don’t think we deserved to win, but then I also think we didn’t deserve not to win.

Only 1 team wanted to win it, but we never really did enough to do so.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Looking back at this, it’s weird because I don’t think we deserved to win, but then I also think we didn’t deserve not to win.

Only 1 team wanted to win it, but we never really did enough to do so.

Cant argue with that. Not least because having looked at the Brighton forum that's pretty much their take. Accepting they shit-housed (we all do/would) and had chances on the counter but were pegged back at times, two good teams.

19 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Just saw that the disallowed goal was only narrowly offside, I thought it was miles off when I saw it at the ground.

Just barely.

12 hours ago, Erikse said:

Krafth is a weird one. We allways expect him to be shit, and sometimes he is, but more often than not he's surprisingly decent. Just does the job, nothing too fancy. Might be time to move him on, but wouldn't hate having him around if he can accept minimal playing time.

I agree he is decently defensively. However, with Schar out the buildup from the back is formulaic and doesn't jump the lines (or force teams to leave more space covering for that). The Fulham lad on the Bosman sounds like a great addition.

Posted (edited)

Another bad omen I thought was when Brighton made us kick towards the gallowgate first half. I can only think of man utd and palace where we played 2nd half towards the leazes

Edited by Pancrate1892
Missing info

4 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Another bad omen I thought was when Brighton made us kick towards the gallowgate first half. I can only think of man utd and palace where we played 2nd half towards the leazes

Forest as well. :anguish:

Maybe should watch the whole game again, but i was really disappointed on some of the players. I felt everything was in place to get a result here: Last home game, points needed desperately,  Brighton did not have anything to play for, good form, confidence up etc..

And then we went to produce pretty passive and lethargic performance, like we were the ones to have nothing to play for. Our whole front 3 had one of the worst games they individually have had all season, and i just did not expect it to happen in this game.  I was expecting everyone would be hell bent on getting a result.  Well, im glad that Isak was "not well" to have some kind of explanation. Now we need to go to ManU and get a result, i honestly will be mad if we give 6th to Chelsea at the end of this all.

19 hours ago, soyt said:

Maybe should watch the whole game again, but i was really disappointed on some of the players. I felt everything was in place to get a result here: Last home game, points needed desperately,  Brighton did not have anything to play for, good form, confidence up etc..

And then we went to produce pretty passive and lethargic performance, like we were the ones to have nothing to play for. Our whole front 3 had one of the worst games they individually have had all season, and i just did not expect it to happen in this game.  I was expecting everyone would be hell bent on getting a result.  Well, im glad that Isak was "not well" to have some kind of explanation. Now we need to go to ManU and get a result, i honestly will be mad if we give 6th to Chelsea at the end of this all.

I think we have to work on the incentive to finish above man utd for the first time in premier history.......just be another major notch that we are moving in the right direction 

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I think we have to work on the incentive to finish above man utd for the first time in premier history.......just be another major notch that we are moving in the right direction 

Europe is the one and only incentive as far as I'm concerned. Not bothered where they finish so long as we finish as high as possible.

On 12/05/2024 at 11:58, Erikse said:

Krafth is a weird one. We allways expect him to be shit, and sometimes he is, but more often than not he's surprisingly decent. Just does the job, nothing too fancy. Might be time to move him on, but wouldn't hate having him around if he can accept minimal playing time.

Was on one of the in house videos recently where Isak and I forget who else both agreed he was our best 1v1 defender.

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

Was on one of the in house videos recently where Isak and I forget who else both agreed he was our best 1v1 defender.

he's barely won a 1v1 since then :lol: been noticing it because it proper stuck in my mind as well

(it was Isak and Botman)

16 minutes ago, Big River said:

he's barely won a 1v1 since then :lol: been noticing it because it proper stuck in my mind as well

(it was Isak and Botman)

Aye, tbf they’re probably just being good mates. Was amazed when they didn’t have Tino down.

2 hours ago, Big River said:

(it was Isak and Botman)

Which vid?