Dummett

Krafth

Trippier

Hall

Livramento

Targett

Kelly

Tosin

That's a lot of defenders, you'd hope we'd be able to shift Targett but sounds like most of the others will be staying.

I imagine that Dummett, Targett and Trippier will be off.

Lascelles and Botman have their ACL injuries.

Leaves 7 defenders at least for the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Botman

Burn

Schar

Lascelles

Dummett

Krafth

Trippier

Hall

Livramento

Targett

Kelly

Tosin

That's a lot of defenders, you'd hope we'd be able to shift Targett but sounds like most of the others will be staying.

Harrison Ashby too.

Targett, Dummett, Trippier, Lascelles the ones I think will go or, in Lascelles case, come back mid to late in the season, barely play and leave next summer.

That leaves 5 CBs, Dan Burn, Kelly and Lewis Hall who can play LB, Tino and Krafth on the right.

Tripps looks gone, probably needs the change.

I thought Dummett was getting a new contract extension so can't imagine him moving

Think Ashby is being released. Need to send Alex Murphy out on loan

Posted (edited)

Where is this idea that Trippier is going coming from? 

Edit: 

Emil Krafth should under no circumstances be starting PL games at right back. He can do a job, if we're super short at centre half perhaps. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Edit: 

Emil Krafth should under no circumstances be starting PL games at right back. He can do a job, if we're super short at centre half perhaps. 

It’s a load of bollocks based on the fact he looked ropey in one game coming back from a 2 month injury layoff [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Edit: 

He's been linked with a move to Saudi since January. Not that means there's truth in it mind.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Edit: 

We have to get money in from somewhere. If we are dead set on keeping Bruno & Isak we need to sell the likes of Wilson, Almiron & trippier. Can’t imagine there’ll be much interest in any other players 

49 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I thought Dummett was getting a new contract extension so can't imagine him moving

Think Ashby is being released. Need to send Alex Murphy out on loan

That's a shame, I seem to recall some West Ham fans were livid when he left them for us as they thought he had real potential. I was at least thinking we'd get 5 million for him from a championship club. Have his loan spells been that bad?

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's a shame, I seem to recall some West Ham fans were livid when he left them for us as they thought he had real potential. I was at least thinking we'd get 5 million for him from a championship club. Have his loan spells been that bad?

He signed on a “long-term deal” in January 2023 so I very much doubt he’s out of contract/being released 

Maybe not then. He does seem like one we brought in to flip for a few million, but would hope he's given a chance with our first team to show more than that before we decide to bin him.

I'm sure I read on The Athletic and it was quoted on here that Ashby was going to be allowed to leave. I'll see if I can find it

48 minutes ago, gdm said:

We have to get money in from somewhere. If we are dead set on keeping Bruno & Isak we need to sell the likes of Wilson, Almiron & trippier. Can’t imagine there’ll be much interest in any other players 

Those are the 3 I would cash in on.

Keep Longstaff as backup (but not starter), unless someone offers good money for him as well.

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

It’s a load of bollocks based on the fact he looked ropey in one game coming back from a 2 month injury layoff [emoji38]

It isn't, and it isn't because of that. Plenty of noise around him going.

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t Ashby sign a long term contract? Why would we release him ?

He's not going to get in front of Trippier or Tino, plus we've got Krafth as emergency backup

He'll be 23 next season and has barely played any senior football

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's not going to get in front of Trippier or Tino, plus we've got Krafth as emergency backup

He'll be 23 next season and has barely played any senior football

Surely we'll sell him/loan him rather than release him though? Seems a massive waste of money.

Aye,I've used the word released too flippantly, I just meant we're willing to let him go and he's surplus to requirements

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Medical department in tears 

Honestly doesn’t really worry me, they’ll have all the info on him which counts. I know the medical department has had issues and evidently there’s some kind of review of processes this offseason but I’m not really paying attention to previous injuries- there’s always lots of variables in play. Club will have done their homework.