Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

I wouldn’t dare have the temerity to go against Orny. 

6 year deal seems a bit of risk on our side mine given the injury record. I guess the other side of the coin is if he gets over his injuries we have tied down for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I wouldn’t dare have the temerity to go against Orny. 

6 year deal seems a bit of risk on our side mine given the injury record. I guess the other side of the coin is if he gets over his injuries we have tied down for a long time. 

It isn't 6 though. The option is for us to extend if we want to - there's no obligation on our side.

5 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

It isn't 6 though. The option is for us to extend if we want to - there's no obligation on our side.

Ok so it’s five, doesn’t really change the risk on our side if his injury history doesn’t improve. 

With us missing out on Tosin I wouldn't be surprised if we've been a bit more flexible in negotiations when it comes to contract length. 

15 hours ago, STM said:

If we sign Kelly, I'd reckon our back 4 come the first game will be:

Trippier   Schar    Burn     Kelly

Perhaps by the end of the season we might see:

Tino     Schar     Botman     Hall

Of course I'd like to see us go big on another CB to compete with Schar but we will have to see what happens with our budget.

Tino should be starting as our main right back next season mind .

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

3rd choice LCB (2nd for now), 2nd choice LB. I like it.

Retire Burn at LB. Compete with him at LCB.

Don't get your hopes up. We were certain that he wouldn't be our LB last season.

Edited by Erikse

40 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

6 years seems mad, just renew him if he's doing well. I'm going with 4.

Just covers a future sale. Can get 4 years out of him, then sell him without worrying about his contract. Still performing, can either give him a deal, or keep him around for essentially 2 more years as a squad player (which if you are a well functioning club, the sale would've been made).

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got, I'm still Kelly from the block

I don’t think you’re ready for this Kelly 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

I've not read the Ornstein article, but given Romano is saying 4 years, could it be that Ornstein is saying it'll be a 4 year contract with the option of a 5th? 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I've not read the Ornstein article, but given Romano is saying 4 years, could it be that Ornstein is saying it'll be a 4 year contract with the option of a 5th? 

Only if Ormsteins tweet saying 5 plus an extra year to 2030 is wrong. Its on the previous page in Supertoons post

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

IMG_0933.thumb.jpeg.6ab1bcfd4726196221e1020cf712861c.jpeg

Depends how you want to interpret.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Only if Ormsteins tweet saying 5 plus an extra year to 2030 is wrong. Its on the previous page in Supertoons post

Ah missed that :thup: 

Romano probably heard 'Five year deal including add on', and rushed to tweet and interpreted it as 4+1. When it's actually 5+1.

Tweet again shortly referencing Orny.