Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

1 hour ago, Zero said:

You all saying that anything above 5m for that Greek goalkeeper is ridiculous and no way it would be true. Now it turns out to be 20m.

Better restrain yourself from these “ridiculous news” at this moment. To be brutally honest, I think the club is not functioning well since Ashworth stopped working in January. The 150k offer is likely to be true.

The goalkeeper fee was chicanery.  No-one is paying Kelly £150k per week.  You pay players what they’re worth in the market - I don’t picture any other club coming near that figure, so why would we pay it?  And why would we create the potential dressing room conflict given it would blow all the other pay scales up?

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The goalkeeper fee was chicanery.  No-one is paying Kelly £150k per week.  You pay players what they’re worth in the market - I don’t picture any other club coming near that figure, so why would we pay it?  And why would we create the potential dressing room conflict given it would blow all the other pay scales up?

Why would he become a free agent, and refused to extend his contract with his former club, in the first place? He is obviously asking for a salary that is only possible if it’s free transfer, which Bournemouth would not accept. They are professionals that always rank $ as their top priority, just like Yoro.

You are talking sense, if it’s a normal transfer. This isn’t.

Edited by Zero

46 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

To be clear, we don’t know how much Kelly is paid and we also don’t know how much we paid for the Greek. It’s all speculation. 

believe it or don’t, transfermarkt just updated the fees from “?” to “23.6m euro”

32 minutes ago, Zero said:

believe it or don’t, transfermarkt just updated the fees from “?” to “23.6m euro”

They aren’t a primary source, it literally means nothing. Until either ourselves, Forest or the league publish the fee it can’t be verified. 

6 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Multiple reports that he tripled his wages, which seem to be consistently reported as £30-35k at Bournemouth.

Capology has him "verified" at £150k/wk. Verification means it's either been reported by multiple media sources or confirmed directly by the club / agent / player. I can't find any media reports of him on £150k.

Despite him being a free agent I'd be surprised if we quintupled his wages and put him immediately above Isak/Tonali, but I think we can safely assume he's in the £105-150k range.

105k would surely make him our highest paid defender or second behind Trippier.  Thats surely too much. 

He should earn in line with Schar and Botman max. 

If he earns £105-150k and at least one of Livra or Hall (maybe both as they should) get cappped for England, or even just play ahead of him - their agents should kick their lips. 

£105k-150kwould also likely make him impossible to sell. Like our boy Matt Targett.  

dorsnt seem to be solid reports anywhere. If it’s £90-105k as triple his Bournemouth wage - it’s high - makes him hard to sell but it doesn’t screw up the wage structure entirely.  

4 hours ago, Zero said:

You all saying that anything above 5m for that Greek goalkeeper is ridiculous and no way it would be true. Now it turns out to be 20m.

Better restrain yourself from these “ridiculous news” at this moment. To be brutally honest, I think the club is not functioning well since Ashworth stopped working in January. The 150k offer is likely to be true.

The GK or a (bad) PSR workaround though. If the fee is we £5m we would definitely sign someone else from Forest this side of June to level their PSR position. £5m for the GK and £35m for Anderson never made any sense for Forest PSR position. £15-20m makes sense mutually for both clubs FFP.  

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If they've really got him down as £150k on there then I think it's safe to call the Targett £100k wage as a myth too. 

The thing that gives credence to the high Targett salary is that he seems hard to shift.  Fair he’s had injury troubles and that’s putting clubs off.  But if he was on reasonable money surely we could get £5-10m for him? He’s barely even linked to other clubs. He’s 4th choice LB at this point. 

I think he moves on this window. But if it’s not permanent….

2 hours ago, Zero said:

Why would he become a free agent, and refused to extend his contract with his former club, in the first place? He is obviously asking for a salary that is only possible if it’s free transfer, which Bournemouth would not accept. They are professionals that always rank $ as their top priority, just like Yoro.

You are talking sense, if it’s a normal transfer. This isn’t.

I don’t think he gets 80k, 95k, 100k etc. normally. So I would expect that’s what he’s on now.  

Chelsea paying Tosin £130k makes some sense. That  fits him about right in their existing wage structure. 

I think if Targett was on £70-80k which is more likely, he'd be equally hard to find a buyer given he's barely played for 2 years.

You're looking at relegation battling teams and upper Championship clubs who'd fancy him but I doubt they'd offer more than £40-50k.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

The problem is he’s not going to get game time this season. Targett will go out on loan where we cover a decent chunk of his wages. Let’s hope he has a good loan 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think if Targett was on £70-80k which is more likely, he'd be equally hard to find a buyer given he's barely played for 2 years.

You're looking at relegation battling teams and upper Championship clubs who'd fancy him but I doubt they'd offer more than £40-50k.

Fair.  Think he’s more mid level PL though but fair given injuries. 

9 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Despite him being a free agent I'd be surprised if we quintupled his wages and put him immediately above Isak/Tonali, but I think we can safely assume he's in the £105-150k range.

Would be funny if this stems from a typo.

I guess it's possible (but unlikely) we've done a deal with no signing on fee i.e. the money is built into a higher basic wage, instead.

Also, could the agent be willing to 'confirm' a higher value to reporting sites to better position himself in attracting new clients? I don't really like trusting these sites.

Edited by 80

9 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Edit, nah never mind. Sorry for the quote.

Edited by Abacus

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

The problem is he’s not going to get game time this season. Targett will go out on loan where we cover a decent chunk of his wages. Let’s hope he has a good loan 

It’s kind of funny that we’ve signed 4 left backs since the takeover. But only 1 CB and 0 RWs for the first team. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s kind of funny that we’ve signed 4 left backs since the takeover. But only 1 CB and 0 RWs for the first team. 

Burn played centre back when he joined,  I'm not sure the plan was for him to play left back so much

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Fair.  Think he’s more mid level PL though but fair given injuries. 

If he'd not been injured, I agree yeah. Probably looking more Fulham, Palace, level fully-fit.

Might need to go a bit further down for now just to kickstart things. 

Thought he looked comfortable on the ball yesterday, not sure if that was a known trait of his as I haven’t really seen much of him previously, but reassuring nonetheless.

36 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Thought he looked comfortable on the ball yesterday, not sure if that was a known trait of his as I haven’t really seen much of him previously, but reassuring nonetheless.

Yes, it is. Stood out when I watched Bournemouth previously. Really decent with the ball.