Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

Didn't want to jinx it in the match thread but we looked far more assured when he came on. He shut down the attacks down out left. Almost everything funneled through the right after. Just the sub needed. 

Expect he starts with Burn next game in the middle though.

Agree. He looks a very good signing.

Can see him playing LB in the old Dan Burn-really-a-CB role until Schar is back or an adequate CB signed.

9 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Didn't want to jinx it in the match thread but we looked far more assured when he came on. He shut down the attacks down out left. Almost everything funneled through the right after. Just the sub needed. 

Expect he starts with Burn next game in the middle though.

I’d like him to start. But think he’ll go

with Krafth at RCB. 

Knew he's a good athlete and comfortable on the ball but thought his 1v1 defending looked excellent. Winger kept doing step overs & feints & he wasn't fooled by any of it. Just waited it out until the winger gave up.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Looks class, big hard cunt too

He's very no nonsense and aggressive defensively, which I like a lot, especially when he's at left back going against wide men.

Always stood out at Bournemouth to me because of it, as I really appreciate that in a defender.

Think people will really come to appreciate that he's more than they expected.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He's very no nonsense and aggressive defensively, which I like a lot, especially when he's at left back going against wide men.

Always stood out at Bournemouth to me because of it, as I really appreciate that in a defender.

Think people will really come to appreciate that he's more than they expected.

Agreed. Fast too so can go with quick wingers and strikers 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Agreed. Fast too so can go with quick wingers and strikers 

Yeah, his speed at that size and a strong slide tackle, has an intimidation factor against wingers from what I've seen. Not fun to go up against.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

His vocalness was a big surprise when he came on as the reports were that he's an excellent footballer and defender but more of a relaxed/introverted character.

Really liked his cameo.

Captained Bournemouth didn't he?

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Straight in at left back for me. 

I agree. Hall is a great prospect but still needs time. Kelly is a top player.

If he can stay fit, he looks the business. No idea if LB or CB but he looks a starter to me. If we get Guéhi and Botman back as good as he was then we’ve got some choice. As it stands,  Krafth and Burn isn’t inspiring. I’d start Kelly next game, he’s a different level to those .

13 minutes ago, STM said:

I agree. Hall is a great prospect but still needs time. Kelly is a top player.

I didn't think Hall was terrible. Couple big mistakes and he did get beat by the attackers a few times. He got us 2 points today with that fantastic clearance off the line though. I do like Kelly alot at LB from the very little I've seen. Hall for Longstaff in middle maybe? I'd like him playing to continue to grow.

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Id consider Trippier, Krafth, Burn and Kelly as the back 4 for next game. 

Wor Tino was alright IMO. Shut down Edozie quite effectively, conceding only a few corners. Edozie was decent too, but had to switch over to the other side by the end.