Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

Just now, TRon said:

Anyone a bit surprised he's not been able to dislodge Burn from the CB position yet? He's a left sided CB from what I know so should be the logical cover for Botman. I know Burn has done well defensively, but we are really struggling to bring the ball out since Schar and Botman were sidelined and our football in general has suffered on that score.

Not really, given the lack of Schar, I think Burn was in as much for his leadership and experience as ability. Kelly hasn’t been around the group long enough to have a similar influence yet

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Isn’t that based around Burns leadership more than anything?

No idea, but if Kelly can't get into the team when our two first choice CBs are out, not sure what that says about his role here. Unless Eddie just thinks he needs a long bedding in period.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Anyone a bit surprised he's not been able to dislodge Burn from the CB position yet? He's a left sided CB from what I know so should be the logical cover for Botman. I know Burn has done well defensively, but we are really struggling to bring the ball out since Schar and Botman were sidelined and our football in general has suffered on that score.

Burn has played really well this season ??? 

32 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I just think he's been signed as a LB, which will make it a poor signing long term as he's a stupidly expensive wages back up LB.

I agree with this. That’s why there’s no such thing as a free transfer. Just look at Fraser scenario. Especially when you have Targett and Burn who can all play there.

Will be an interesting watch to see if he can displace Burn never mind Botman.

Edited by LFEE

31 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I just think he's been signed as a LB, which will make it a poor signing long term as he's a stupidly expensive wages back up LB.

He's cover for multiple positions. An extremely valuable thing to have in any squad. 

55 minutes ago, 54 said:

Burn has played really well this season ??? 

Is he bringing the ball out really well? I did specify that part of his game which I assumed Lloyd would be better at.