Brentford 2-4 Newcastle United (19/05/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Joelinton back in the starting line up and we've dominated a half of football for the first time in 6 months.... and I'm not talking about scoring, I mean we've never looked threatened for 40 minutes.

God that was perfect. We've been clinical in the way we weren't on Wednesday, and Pope made a huge save from Toney early on to set the stage for this. Joe and Bruno have ruled the middle. Hall has been class on the left. Fucking brilliant. Keep this up and hope Bournemouth can take something from Chelsea. 

Let's fucking go 

Just now, 54 said:

Well, i'll take that, quality first half :lol: 

Thought Newcastle were pretty poor until the goal. Really good after that.

Just now, Beren said:

Thought Newcastle were pretty poor until the goal. Really good after that.

I thought the goal looked like it was coming for 5 minutes. We've absolutely dominated them, like we haven't done in ages.

Despite the huge miss, having Joelinton back in the midfield has made an enormous difference.

This is what we have been missing most the season.

Can't see him coming out for the 2nd half though, he looks done in.

Really is amazing the way we love to score in bursts and it's wonderful watching the way it knocks the stuffing out of opponents.

What was the Toney hate about? My TV went to buggery for a spell again and I could do with boosting my existing distaste toward him. 

Agree with everyone's sentiments re Big Joe. Absolutely bullied them at times; a glorious sight. 

Very impressed again with Hall, he's got some great technique. 

However. Last day of the season 2010/11 - never forget. 

Posted (edited)

Just before half time, I was watching thinking, if we could add another talented CM in there along with a RW with Bruno and Joelinton, and Isak, Gordon/Barnes, we'd be cooking.

Then I was thinking, still half asleep, you'd kinda want an athletic but technical dm/am box to box type who can cover the ground and do a bit of both of the Brasilans.... totally forgetting about Tonali....

If we can get him in and up to speed and buy a top quality RW and Center Halve, I genuinely think we're in a great spot.

Isak is too fucking good when he's in this mood, and great to see BIg Joe back to his aggressive obsessed self.

Great first half.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Just now, Yorkie said:

Agree with everyone's sentiments re Big Joe. Absolutely bullied them at times; a glorious sight. 

Very impressed again with Hall, he's got some great technique. 

However. Last day of the season 2010/11 - never forget. 

This is an Eddie Howe side. I'd be shocked if we didn't score at least one more.

We've also got good players on the bench.

Hall making another decent cameo. That Pope save shows you how a decent gk can change the momentum. They score there, and we would struggle to get back in the game. Fans would start calling for Howe's head!