Next season

Rod

23 minutes ago, James said:

This season I think the CL and cup draws were a real problem as they really sapped the squad in the Autumn months.

this will keep happening for future CLs unless we build up our coefficient. Assuming we are in ECL then this is a chance to build it a bit.

We didn't have enough quality in the team/squad to sustain the extra games and the injuries. Can see that with some players that were consistent throughout but clearly have the quality like Bruno, Isak and Gordon, they have been mint most games.

Think likes of Trips is showing his age a bit, some young players finding their feet like Tino,Hall, Anderson and Miley and some bang average players that can't be consistently good like Longstaff, Murphy, Alimiron, Kraft. Would include Burn but think he's played well most games and looked decent since stepping into middle.

Having a keeper that can't save shots like Dubravka hasnt been great.

Well we can't have a season of injuries like this year's, can we? 

I'm buzzing for next year. Obvs hoping the indigenous Manchester team beat the cockney/Irish/Asian Manchester team in the cup. 

Say we do sign Ramsdale? That means absolutely no drop off if either he or Pope is injured

Hall and Tino are fucking mint, young full backs, maybees even England's soon enough

CB is interesting Botman is class when fit, Schar, Burn and 1 or both of these freebies

Bruno, Sandro, BigJo

Willock, Anderson, Miley, Longstaff ?

Olise ? Isak, Gordon

Murphy, NEW, Barnes ?

Lets go

Impossible to gauge until after the transfer window. Have to get it right because there's something special bubbling away - 85 PL goals - not even any of Keegan's sides scored that many.

Get those 2 defenders on frees in, get a top quality right winger in, replace Wilson as our 2nd striker option and work on controlling games a bit more, especially away from hyem.

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Well we can't have a season of injuries like this year's, can we? 

I'm buzzing for next year. Obvs hoping the indigenous Manchester team beat the cockney/Irish/Asian Manchester team in the cup. 

Say we do sign Ramsdale? That means absolutely no drop off if either he or Pope is injured

Hall and Tino are fucking mint, young full backs, maybees even England's soon enough

CB is interesting Botman is class when fit, Schar, Burn and 1 or both of these freebies

Bruno, Sandro, BigJo

Willock, Anderson, Miley, Longstaff ?

Olise ? Isak, Gordon

Murphy, NEW, Barnes ?

Lets go

Those two really showed something this year didn't they?

Posted (edited)

We will be a force to be reckoned with. Domestic cup next year is well and truly on the cards.

Edited by Heron

Posted (edited)

Anyone care to predict our line up for the opening game of next season? 

I’ll go:

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Tosin, Hall, Longstaff, Bruno, Joelinton, Gibbs-White, Isak, Gordon.

Subs: Mamardashvili, Livramento, Kelly, Burn, Anderson, Willock, Miley, Barnes, Murphy.

Edited by NSG

Genuinely think if Bruno stays and the

club don’t do something stupid like sell Isak then they’ll win a trophy.

A couple of sensible signings and EC qualification and I’ll be putting money on a double. Last time I put money on a cup win was 2004.

13 minutes ago, McDog said:

Those two really showed something this year didn't they?

I'm blown away by them. That Hall looks the real deal. They both do. 

Bargains 

43 minutes ago, NSG said:

I’ll go:

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Tosin, Hall, Longstaff, Bruno, Joelinton, Gibbs-White, Isak, Gordon.

Subs: Mamardashvili, Livramento, Kelly, Burn, Anderson, Willock, Miley, Barnes, Murphy.

Tonali injured pre-season or fancied another flutter?

5 minutes ago, Elma said:

Tonali injured pre-season or fancied another flutter?

Neither, banned for the first couple of games.

Robert & Bellamy type ignition signings would be unreal. Another option to go alongside our main striker, and a tricky, flairful winger (on the right this time) to unlock stubborn defences.

8 minutes ago, NSG said:

Neither, banned for the first couple of games.

Of course ? It's been a long day ?

Just a reminder of how stretched we’ve been this season. Our bench for PSG away, a game which by any rights we won, was James Huntley, Loris Karius, Martin Dubravka, Paul Dummett, Lewis Hall, Michael Ndiweni and Ben Parkinson. And this theme continued for months. Players running themselves into the ground for 90-100 mins and then having to do it again 3 days later. If we stay relatively injury free next season and pick up some good buys, keep the class lads then a trophy may be on next season. 

At the end of our first half season under Howe, I thought the following one would be special. 4th and a cup final certainly ticked that box. Today, I have the same feeling in my gut. A trophy really doesn't feel like a pipedream anymore. In fact , it feels realistic.

Feels like we've said it a lot down the years, but this summer is so crucial. Adding in one or two Isak/Bruno level players (and keeping those two as well) and I really think something special will happen.

Granted I was already half-cut by the time I was sitting down in front of the TV for kick off but I don't remember having ever heard the name James Huntley. :lol: Our benches really were a joke for way too long for us to have finished 7th.

Squad decisions for next season:

Pope (1)

Dubravka (sell)

Gillespie (2)

karius (gone)

Trippier (3, or sell and replace)

Schar (4)

Botman (5)

Hall   (Doesn’t count in 25 squad)

Tino (6)
Burn  (7)

Targett (sell)

Krafth  (8)

Dummet (European contract only)

Bruno (9)

Joelinton (10)

Tonali (11)

Miley (Doesn’t count in squad)

Longstaff (12)

Willock (13)

Ritchie (gone)

Anderson (14)

Almiron (sell?)                                       Barnes (15)

Murphy (16)

Gordon (17)

Wilson (18)

Isak (19)

Lascelles (20)

Which means we need:

New cb/ lb, Kelly? (21)

New cb, Tosin? (22)

New right winger (23)

New reserve GK (24)

Youngish striker? (25)

If we sign another ‘game-changer’  to add to Bruno, Isak & Gordon—all going to be even better next season (might even be for us :bluestar:)—plus two or three to beef-up the squad, then I predict a trophy and that we’ll be in and around top spot for a stretch at some point of the season (the end … hopefully). 

Oh! And another thing. We finished above Man Utd for the first time ever (…we’ll gloss over the fact it’s their worst ever final position in PL era) this season. Next season we beat the spawny scousers twice (both lots). 

Think Man City and Arsenal are the only teams we can't realistically finish above in the league. Fighting for top 4 should be the goal but it's hard to say who the main rivals for that are going to be. Villa and Liverpool should regress, Spurs and Chelsea are wild cards but Chelsea have some momentum if they keep Poch. I would be shocked (or not after so many seasons?) if Man Utd once again don't care about any underlying stats and are up there. 

Hope and pray we get the Conference League spot. Should be a fun campaign and we could rotate a lot. Would still have some effect on league as we can't focus all week on next league opponents but who cares, skipping Europe to have a better chance qualifying in a year is absolute bollocks. We would have a legit chance to win it and the coefficient gains would be really important, both financially and competitively. Also a stacking effect, easier groups in the future would mean more prize money and even more coefficient gains.

Can't wait for it, love that it's a major tournament summer.

2 hours ago, NSG said:

I’ll go:

Longstaff? 

Posted (edited)

We could end up selling Trippier, Almiron and Wilson if decent bids come in. Trippier only if he does want out.

Incomings: 

GK

CB

Versatile Full Back (Left & Right)

Winger

CF

Top 5 and good progress in either Europe or FA cup, please!

Edited by BlazeT44

5 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

This was our 94/95 season.

we’ve just signed with Adidas, you know what happens next

5 hours ago, TBG said:

9/11

:lol: