Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

I'm excited about this and also feel bad / conflicted as it relates to Pope. Big fan of his and I'm also admittedly a little confused about what we're planning to do here.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I'm excited about this and also feel bad / conflicted as it relates to Pope. Big fan of his and I'm also admittedly a little confused about what we're planning to do here.

We’re planning for the long term future.  

Could be a transformational signing for us. 

Could also be a massive flop.

Could also not sign for us.

Looks good on YouTube mind.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Also yeah, Nick Pope's been class and I'd be sorry to see him go tbh.

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

are we on a roll, or what?

We're cooking up a storm!

Love some early business being done before all the summer madness starts with all the tournaments taking place.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Also yeah, Nick Pope's been class and I'd be sorry to see him go tbh.

I don't think he'll go unless we get decent money like.

Posted (edited)

It's all about pathways innit. This lad is very young for a 'keeper and, if we're in Europe, should see plenty of gametime in a bedding in season. Pope now has a question mark with his shoulder and is getting a bit older but still a good age for a GK - we have a period coming up where we can probably make some decent money on him.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Quotes from Marmalade man

My future will be very clear very soon,” Marca reporting him saying in an extensive interview carried out in his homeland this week.

“Now I don’t think about anything else, because I have an important tournament ahead of me with the Georgia team. Valencia is my home. They gave me a football career.

“My transfer to Bayern was almost done last summer. My agent visited Munich with my father to look for a house. But as far as I know, they refused to pay €35m for me.”

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Well this is exciting, I hope the big bastard is as mad as Temuri

Better start nailing those advertisement boards down.

I'm not sure that there's anything breaking here, though I missed this last week...

(badly translated from Spanish)

Mamardashvili's conditions to leave were to be indisputable in whatever team he went to and play in Europe. First of all, he would have it. The second thing depends on City beating United next Saturday in the FA Cup final. In that case they would play in the Conference League.

The goalkeeper, in the interview, also talks about how close he was to joining Bayern Munich last summer . Even his agent and his father traveled to the German city to find accommodation for him. But Valencia asked for 35 million and in the end Bayern did not decide to reach that amount: “My agent visited Munich to find an apartment. But as far as I know, in the end they refused to pay €35 million for me.” That figure that Mamardashvili talks about serves as a reference to the upper range in which Valencia would operate today, because in the last year the goalkeeper has revalued himself and consolidated himself in the elite.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You don't pay £35m on a keeper whose playing in one of the teams with the best defensive records to sit on the bench surely?

If true we definitely have doubts over popes shoulder 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You don't pay £35m on a keeper whose playing in one of the teams with the best defensive records to sit on the bench surely?

He's only young, though. If he's number from year 2 onwards he maybe goes for it.