Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

Just now, mosstef said:

Isn't it confirmed that Karius will leave this summer?

Karius definitely, his lass misses the Milan scene.

Dubs probably, his dropping for the last game and no Oz trip is signposting exit.

Pope depends on who is coming in.

Gillespie going nowhere, he’s basically Tier 2 Scott Carson.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mosstef said:

Isn't it confirmed that Karius will leave this summer?

1. Big Mama

2. Pope

3. Tommy Wright

Edited by Monkey Alan

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Karius definitely, his lass misses the Milan scene.

Just using this as an excuse to post a picture of her again

diletta-leotta-769469134.thumb.jpg.12db49fed945aa48f1a676f599d51f04.jpg

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

Revising an old favourite

We've got Mamardashvili

He's not from Benton or Killy

He's from Georgia

He's wunderbar!

Giorgi Mamardashvili, whoa, whoa

Giorgi Mamardashvili, whoa, whoa

Giorgi Mamardashvili

Slap your lass with the Christmas tree

Whoooaaaa.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Revising an old favourite

We've got Mamardashvili

He's not from Benton or Killy

He's from Georgia

He's wunderbar!

Yeah მშვენიერი doesn't work really.

Posted (edited)

GOS3ZvBWUAEo6_x.thumb.png.709fa0aa884a1c180bb5a553eb32fcc5.png

Not sure if posted yet, but he seems to be an excellent shot stopper, and a not so good passer. Bottom 7% of goalkeepers in pass completion percentage.:lol: He is 23, so he can still improve somewhat.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Not sure if posted yet, but he seems to be an excellent shot stopper, and a not so good passer.

Maybe Pope is off and we’re looking for an exact replacement? Room for improvement? I’m still all for him.

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Not sure if posted yet, but he seems to be an excellent shot stopper, and a not so good passer. Bottom 7% of goalkeepers in pass completion percentage.:lol: He is 23, so he can still improve somewhat.

That completion percentage is specifically for goal kicks right (that's what the launched is referring to seemingly). Do we know if Valencia are a side that are particularly direct? It could be that he is told to kick long every time which would negatively affect that stat quite a bit.

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

[emoji38] One of those graphs you look and and think, 'whoa he's absolutely insanely good' and then realise half of it is just saying 'he boots the ball really long all the time and is very inaccurate doing so.'

1 minute ago, healthyaddiction said:

That completion percentage is specifically for goal kicks right (that's what the launched is referring to seemingly). Do we know if Valencia are a side that are particularly direct? It could be that he is told to kick long every time which would negatively affect that stat quite a bit.

On Fb reference a launched pass is one over 40 yards

5 minutes ago, Checko said:

[emoji38] One of those graphs you look and and think, 'whoa he's absolutely insanely good' and then realise half of it is just saying 'he boots the ball really long all the time and is very inaccurate doing so.'

Tim Krul comes to mind, one who would allways go for the long clearance, and who would rarely hit a teammate with it.[emoji38]

Based on the fact he cant pass, I'm a bit confused to why we are going for him. Didn't Howe want more passing from the back?

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

IMG_7677.jpeg.d2bbfbea5a6ed1d3ae92906210772401.jpeg

Think I was at that match, one of the early games of the 92/93 season? Is he still knocking about?

Just now, Beth said:

Think I was at that match, one of the early games of the 92/93 season? Is he still knocking about?

I heard Harry Palmer stopped after slipping on a pie in the East Stand.  Saw him a couple of times in Idols

14 minutes ago, TRC said:

Based on the fact he cant pass, I'm a bit confused to why we are going for him. Didn't Howe want more passing from the back?

If he's technically good enough with the ball at his feet - which I assume they've assessed - then no reason why he can't work on that side of the game. What we do know is that Pope isn't good with the ball by his feet and nor will he ever be, sadly. 

12 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'm not sure whether it's that he can't pass or that he doesn't pass because that's not what his manager wants him to do

10 minutes ago, TRC said:

Potentially just thinks he's the best choice available for the foreseeable? I think whatever 'keeper we get we're not going to be in the hunt for the top-top-tier, so we're going to need to compromise on some attributes and/or on a younger player that Howe thinks he can coach what he wants in to him. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Potentially just thinks he's the best choice available for the foreseeable? I think whatever 'keeper we get we're not going to be in the hunt for the top-top-tier, so we're going to need to compromise on some attributes and/or on a younger player that Howe thinks he can coach what he wants in to him. 

I know nothing about him, maybe he is coachable, but 35m on a keeper who is limited seems a lot.

19 minutes ago, TRC said:

Saw something a few days ago, might have been Edwards, saying Howe preferred Ramsdale but others preferred Big Mama. Who knows though as Ramsdale could have been a smokescreen.

Ive watched a lot of Valencia this year and cant say Ive noticed any particular weakness to his game, I would say hes a def upgrade on Pope now, let alone what he could potentially become.

No brainer imo