Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

Just now, KaKa said:

He does look brilliant.

I blame Tosin for this, the big dunce.

Missing out on him restricted our goalkeeper spend I think.

I think it would of been worth it even if it meant missing out on one “purple” in another position.

Just now, Ikon said:

I think it would of been worth it even if it meant missing out on one “purple” in another position.

The problem is we really need another centre back, because of the injury situation, and a right winger has to be brought in too.

That Tosin deal  would have been massive. I'll be rooting against him big time at Chelsea next season.

Just now, KaKa said:

The problem is we really need another centre back, because of the injury situation, and a right winger has to be brought in too.

That Tosin deal  would have been massive. I'll be rooting against him big time at Chelsea next season.

I know what we need! 

Just now, janpawel said:

If we really wanted him / scouted him extensively, you'd think we'd have still got him even if paying at a slight premium 

Like we seemed to do with some of our current players 

Too many other priorities I think.

Just now, Ikon said:

I know what we need! 

So you would have sacrificed one of those?

I think that would have been too big a risk.

At least we have Pope still, and can manage with him another year.

Just now, KaKa said:

So you would have sacrificed one of those?

I think that would have been too big a risk.

At least we have Pope still, and can manage with him another year.

No! But I would have tried going for a slightly cheaper option than a 40-50m CB or whatever. Because these keepers don’t come around too often, especially at this age. Hypothetically speaking IF he was willing to sign for us obviously which I think. I’m sure we can afford our top priority RW position and this keeper for 35-40m or whatever and still be able to find a good CB for a decent price. Also regarding the RW, I don’t think we will sign a 60m winger because we lost out on Olise. I’m not sure who is good enough and would cost a bomb as well as be willing to sign for us. 

Just now, Ikon said:

No! But I would have tried going for a slightly cheaper option than a 40-50m CB or whatever. Because these keepers don’t come around too often, especially at this age. Hypothetically speaking IF he was willing to sign for us obviously which I think. I’m sure we can afford our top priority RW position and this keeper for 35-40m or whatever and still be able to find a good CB for a decent price. Also regarding the RW, I don’t think we will sign a 60m winger because we lost out on Olise. I’m not sure who is good enough and would cost a bomb as well as be willing to sign for us. 

Fair enough.

Well, Trafford isn't done yet. Maybe we rethink it, and go down this kind of route you proposed.

He does look a really great keeper.

I genuinely don’t think Trafford will be ready to be 1st choice keeper even next season. Obviously both could/hope to be wrong IF he does sign. Doesn’t strike me as a keeper with authority and leadership that can command his area. That might come with time I’m not sure it will soon enough.