Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Why are they so convinced that was a pen? Armstrong grabs his shirt and then throws himself to the ground IMO

He stretched out his left leg to get it in front of the defender. If anything it was a fk the other way for a trip.

Seen Beresford do and get away with that trick for us in the same situation (but roles reversed attack/defense wise) to suspect it was what it was.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Don’t forget the Czechs at home last time out. Every time.

Can tell I'm 80s and 90s centric

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Are we all sure shearer is a Geordie as he sounds a lot like waddle with his pronunciation. 

Media training that makes you into some County Dehram oddity.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Are we all sure shearer is a Geordie as he sounds a lot like waddle with his pronunciation. 

Wash your mouth out.

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Should be ok to be honest, then again Southgate.....

England will be fine but I don’t want to see Hungary going through. Awful. 

Just now, Disco said:

England will be fine but I don’t want to see Hungary going through. Awful. 

I mean when we lose and fuck over hungary

Old Patrick Kluivert did for them in 96 even after they actually won. Its got to be a joke on them.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Varga concsious and stable in hospital (BBC)

:thup:

Great news.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Media training that makes you into some County Dehram oddity.

Aye, there's plenty of interview footage from early in his career in which he talks properly. Such an odd way to adapt your speech, I've never understood who it's catering to. 

51 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not a pen for me based on one look of the replay. He's barely in control of the ball there. 

I agree. Thought he pulled the defender forward holding his shirt causing the leg collision. Surprised when asked in the studio for a reason not to give it none of the pundits put forward any argument 🙂

14 minutes ago, andycap said:

A lot of north-easterners do that when they're trying to sound a bit posher. A mate of mine used to speak like that, but only when he was on the 'phone to a member of the public.

Ends up sounding slightly Cockney. 😄

24 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

A lot of north-easterners do that when they're trying to sound a bit posher. A mate of mine used to speak like that, but only when he was on the 'phone to a member of the public.

I need to do it speaking to mates in Tenerife as a few have no idea what am saying. Ironically my Swedish mate has started sounding Geordie, she could pass as one of us ha

21 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I need to do it speaking to mates in Tenerife as a few have no idea what am saying. Ironically my Swedish mate has started sounding Geordie, she could pass as one of us ha

🙂 I get you. I've lived in Greater London since 1982 and when I first came down many people found me close to unintelligible. I had to consciously 'smooth' (or smoove I suppose 😄) my accent to make myself understood.

54 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

It’s nowt to do with sounding posher it’s so every other cunt in the country can understand what your saying

scotland, man. growing up in the 70s they were more successful than england, but  always bottled at least one of their world cup groups stage games.

74, 78, 82 out on goal difference

86 couldnt score against uruguay despite the opposition being down to 10 men most of the game.

13 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

🙂 I get you. I've lived in Greater London since 1982 and when I first came down many people found me close to unintelligible. I had to consciously 'smooth' (or smoove I suppose 😄) my accent to make myself understood.

Always get 'you speak too fast' although Greeks seems fine despite it being second language 

That was fucking Brutal. As hard as it is to say, Scotland have been utterly shit this tournament. Absolutely stunk the place out. There will be a lot of "our fans" stuff, but ultimately, the focus will be on the because the team have been atrocious.