Group B: 1. Spain, 2. Italy, 3. Croatia, 4. Albania

Big River

I didn't think it was a pen either, however Rodri and the rest of the players didn't contest or anything either so Rodri must've felt he did something

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Surprised by the lag between us, a fair few of you are a few minutes behind 

iPlayer/ITVx player apps always are a minute or so behind the actual channels I think. 

5 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

How on earth did VAR let that be a pen. That's absolutely absurd.

I don't know if this lot are using our 'high bar', but this whole clear and obvious error thing is absolute bollocks.

You're making the VAR make two decisions, at least one of which is subjective. If you think the decision was doubtful just fucking say so, never mind whether it's c&o.

Edited by DahnSahf

I think it was a common sense ruling. Think there was a slight contact and they couldn't take the pen away. Rodri was IMO too far off from the ball to say he he was playing the ball but VAR let's it go due to the embarrassing way the Croatian went down. Think they handled that well in the end.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah I like the clear and obvious rule.  Otherwise the game is entirely refereed twice. 

With clear and obvious you're checking evey dodgy decision twice. The VAR has to decide whether the decision was wrong, which may be subjective, and if so he has to decide if it was wrong enough to mention it, which is entirely subjective. It's crackers.

In my ideal world Oliver automatically goes to the screen and makes the decision based on what he sees, none of the clear and obvious bullshit.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I don't recognise any of the Italy back 4 [emoji38]

Di Lorenzo has been a mainstay for a long time and is class. Bastoni and Di Marco are very highly rated, haven't seen much of Calafiori.

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Class coverage from the BBC. Half of it spent talking about England now just resorting to talking about cricket and golf [emoji38]

Are you watching the right channel? It's been all football for the last 15-20, including a couple of good tributes to the two deaths today and well wishes to Alan Hansen. 

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Are you watching the right channel? It's been all football for the last 15-20, including a couple of good tributes to the two deaths today and well wishes to Alan Hansen. 

No idea it's just just been images of players warming up and Chapman talking about other sports with people on mine. I presume I mustn't be :lol:

TV commentary/punditry must be at an all-time low, like. Jermaine fucking Jeans and Lee cunting Dixon, mixed in with a bit of Karen bloody Carney :anguish:

Just now, Jaqen said:

No idea it's just just been images of players warming up and Chapman talking about other sports with people on mine. I presume I mustn't be :lol:

:lol: nah I've had Linekar, Shearer, Fabregas and Richards 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

TV commentary/punditry must be at an all-time low, like. Jermaine fucking Jeans and Lee cunting Dixon, mixed in with a bit of Karen bloody Carney :anguish:

Stu Holden and Alexi Lalas over here. Count yourself lucky. :lol: 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

:lol: nah I've had Linekar, Shearer, Fabregas and Richards 

Aye, just checked I've got the one on with 5 live commentary instead FFS :lol: