Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I would've been far more pleased if this was 0-0. At least then I could spend the evening thinking, well we haven't conceded so that will bode well in the knockout games. But alas here we are instead. 

Sitting back and inviting pressure without a sound defensive structure in place will do that. Everyone can see it except Southgate for some reason. What an utter muppet he is. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It is, was that performance really ok though?

We haven't been convincing in both of them games, Denmark could and should've punished us.

Maybe me thinking England should be a tad more coherent is unrealistic.

Yeh it was pants. I agree with that. 

Argentina started slowly at the World Cup too. 

Bellingham has played as a CM his entire career until this season. I'm really not sure why he's not being considered there whilst we shoehorn a RB in. He's not influencing the game as a 10 either. 

Foden looked more dangerous on the ball when he picked the ball up in those positions. 

Gordon out wide will at least look to get in behind when Kane drops deep. 

Right now Saka is the only one playing his position properly in attack. The options are so bad for him when he gets the ball though. 

The most frustrating thing for me is that I cannot believe we genuinely don't have an English left footed LB that could've played in these 3 group games until Shaw was fit OR for the whole time we're in it. 

Tyrick Mitchell, Rico Henry?

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

The most frustrating thing for me is that I cannot believe we genuinely don't have an English left footed LB that could've played in these 3 group games until Shaw was fit OR for the whole time we're in it. 

We're not doing the left side this time

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

There are 3 in the middle aren't there? It's like for like and Trent is stinking the place out. Short of a reshuffle that means moving Foden central, Bellingham back and Gordon on the left it's the obvious sub.

It's 3 on the team sheet, but Foden is playing 10 pretty much anyway. It's boggling my mind 

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I said at the time Spurs sold Kane at the right time as his legs are going and will be interested to see how he looks next season.

Kane not having pace is hardly a new development. He's been brilliant for Bayern

fuck me.

did this guy really say out loud in public that we need a Kalvin Phillips replacement!!!!!

fucking clueless.

oh yeah but he's a nice guy and good at bonding and shit.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Lewis Hall

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Chilwell

Henry is out for ages

I feel we do put a lot of responsibility onto our players to read the game and react accordingly. The issue is, it’s so much easier to collectively decide to drop off than it is to all decide to push up again. It’s why most top level clubs are micro managed to the smallest details, most players are happiest when they can follow strict instructions and if it doesn’t work, it’s on the manager. At the very least, I do believe that defensive line is left up to the players to work out, that’s why we seen Trippier and Pickford trying to get everyone 15-20 yards further forward.

I think 4 players in the last 2 games have been given essentially a free role. Foden, Kane, Bellingham and Trent. Effect the game the way you see best. 

We are complicating things too much for ourselves. It’s a PFM thing to say I know, I’m sorry, but back to basics and I don’t mean route one. Push higher up, Bellingham as a box to box alongside Rice, Foden in the 10, Gordon and Saka driving at their full backs. We’re in a good spot, 3rd game gives us a good opportunity to go back to the drawing board.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Lewis Hall

I can understand him not picking Hall. But the others (and Chilwell) are established Prem LBs.

Southgate has always been like this, he’s a coward as manager who will not make big calls.

People can debate the players but until the manager is ready to say I’m going to look past the names and play players that suit the system then England will be shite. Arguably the best attacking options in the competition and they are utterly toothless.

Pickford

Walker    Stones    Guehi    Tripps 

Bellingham  Rice   
                     Foden

Saka             Kane             Gordon/ Eze

Southgate will just switch Gallagher in for TAA and leave the rest as is. Foden may as well watch it with me if he’s put on the left again. Found myself still

picking players who need a huge kick up the arse.

Edited by Tsunami

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Pickford

Walker    Stones    Guehi    Tripps 

Bellingham  Rice   
                     Foden

Saka             Kane             Gordon/ Eze

Southgate will just switch Gallagher in for TAA and leave the rest as is. Foden may as well watch it with me if he’s put on the left again. Found myself still

picking players who need a huge kick up the arse.

Foden was very good today at times 

it’s not him it’s the system 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Foden was very good today at times 

it’s not him it’s the system 

Agree, but if we are asking him to play out left we have better options. Foden has to play with freedom behind the striker. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Agree, but if we are asking him to play out left we have better options. Foden has to play with freedom behind the striker. 

I think today you could put him inside play a winger and drop Trent he offered nothing 

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He had a settled side then  a lot of the key players fell off at club level or got injured. So he dropped nearly all of them. 

would’ve been better off playing Sterling and Phillips.  That was at least a balanced side.  

Gallagher and Rice is his second choice CM pairing and it stinks. 

If he can't figure out a solution then he just isn't good enough man.

3 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Man what the fuck

Exactly.  It's what I, ironically, posted earlier.  I said Southgate would be furious that he didn't have Kalvin Philips and Jordan Henderson available.  This manager is totally clueless man!

Bellingham annoyed me today. Plenty of times he ignored the wide players and turned inside only to be tackled by the Danish midfield two on one. Needs to play simple and use his abilities when needed not forcing it. 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Bellingham annoyed me today. Plenty of times he ignored the wide players and turned inside only to be tackled by the Danish midfield two on one. Needs to play simple and use his abilities when needed not forcing it. 

Really hope the hype isn't getting to his head. Noticed that too.