Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

Will be keeping an eye on Kevin Danso for Austria, a centre back we were linked with a fair bit last summer, and might retain some interest in.

Liked the look of him when I've seen him previously. Good test tonight for him.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: World Cup winner and runner-up, a Champions League final, Ligue 1 winner, four French League Cups.

And he's playing Griezmann in a midfield 3 with 3 attackers in front of him.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think Matterface is the worst of the lot for me. Going to try not to mention him again tonight 

What's wrong with Matterface?

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think Matterface is the worst of the lot for me. Going to try not to mention him again tonight 

He is, definitely. Total mystery how he's top billing for ITV. I get why people hate Drury but, for me, there's a Partridge-like nuttiness which is somewhat endearing. Matterface just seems like a right knob.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

What's wrong with Matterface?

I can’t handle the way he constantly ascribes qualities to people based on nothing other than wanting to sound like he’s saying something powerful:

”He laughs in the face of pressure” is the type of line he says when a player makes a simple pass

”He dreams of another night like that one”

If you listen to how he talks about players, he’s constantly saying how they feel and talking stuff up in a ridiculous fashion to try and have his own “commentating moment”. Can’t handle it at all

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I can’t handle the way he constantly ascribes qualities to people based on nothing other than wanting to sound like he’s saying something powerful:

”He laughs in the face of pressure” is the type of line he says when a player makes a simple pass

”He dreams of another night like that one”

If you listen to how he talks about players, he’s constantly saying how they feel and talking stuff up in a ridiculous fashion to try and have his own “commentating moment”. Can’t handle it at all

Will listen out for it. I enjoy hating commentary.

Lee Dixon just having a go at someone's height.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: World Cup winner and runner-up, a Champions League final, Ligue 1 winner, four French League Cups.

I talked with some nice French guy a couple of years ago, he absolutely hated Deschamps and said he's holding them back despite all the success.

Just now, STM said:

Will listen out for it. I enjoy hating commentary.

Lee Dixon just having a go at someone's height.

Yeah well that's just Lee Dixon commentary.

If he's not having a pop at someone, or just being miserable in general, he can't be sure he's alive.

For me Matterface is much easier to ignore (and nowhere near as bad imo) than Drury, he just fades into the background because everything's at the same volume. 

Edited by Kid Icarus