Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

Id be happy with him signing if the fee is around 20-25m if we can fetch 10-15m for Wilson. Seems sensible to do a transfer window where we exchange some of the older players with younger counterparts. 

Then next season we can start buying wonderkids from Argentina/Brazil

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Has started 56 league games out of 114 in the last three years I think. 

I feel like I’ve barely seen him play. I don’t follow Everton games closely though. 

I don’t know if the games were consecutive enough to build up any form or if it was more like 2 starts, injury, 2 sub appearances, injury, etc etc. 

If we want to sign him I trust the club, but it feels a bit odd. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

30 minutes ago, duo said:

Why do they have to play second fiddle? 

Because we have an income which is roughly half that of any member the Sky Six - we can't afford to have two or three Isaks on the books at the moment.  Our income this season is closer to Luton than it is to Spurs.  Finance is dictating all of this.

We could have done with DCL last season just to close out games holding up the ball .PSG away and Everton at home spring to mind where we couldnt hold the ball up and keep possession..Late goals conceded in both games

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Because we have an income which is roughly half that of any member the Sky Six - we can't afford to have two or three Isaks on the books at the moment.  Our income this season is closer to Luton than it is to Spurs.  Finance is dictating all of this.

Gonna be like this for a few years yet

1 minute ago, johnny36 said:

We could have done with DCL last season just to close out games holding up the ball .PSG away and Everton at home spring to mind where we couldnt hold the ball up and keep possession..Late goals conceded in both games

Say we do have DCL, Tonali in, Joelington fit and keep Kelly fit then we’re in a much better position for those games.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Gonna be like this for a few years yet

Yep, I suspect a lot just aren't willing to accept the obvious just yet

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Only way we pay 37M for DCL is if we get the same or a bit more for Minteh and it all helps with PSR.

DCL's transfer would be amortised; Minteh's sale wouldn't.  There's no reason that we wouldn't pay 30m+ for DCL based on a sale of around 30m for Minteh

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, I suspect a lot just aren't willing to accept the obvious just yet

DCL's transfer would be amortised; Minteh's sale wouldn't.  There's no reason that we wouldn't pay 30m+ for DCL based on a sale of around 30m for Minteh

I was also looking at it from Everton's pov and profit on DCL? Is 37M for each player better than say 25M?