Max Kilman

The Prophet

It is also thought that Howe, the Newcastle manager, would be reluctant to lose Anderson, 21, but the deal in its current form is of no interest to Wolves.

I like Kilman, but the £40m valuation mooted in the article is farcical.

Appreciative that it’s little more than paper talk, but our approach [Kelly, Trafford, DCL, Kilman] is lacking a little in inspiration.

Just now, GeordieT said:

Appreciative that it’s little more than paper talk, but our approach [Kelly, Trafford, DCL, Kilman] is lacking a little in inspiration.

Inspiration costs money - we don’t have any

2 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Iirc Napoli offered them 35m euro last summer which they knocked back as well. 

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

We do massively undervalue our players. It's not 2004 anymore, wherre most seem stuckso Anderson should be 20m plus by the current market

We can’t undervalue them that much - no fucker wants them, the only ones we can shift are the ones that’s come in under new owners.

22 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

It’s Ashleyesque. Hoping most of this is paper talk.

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We can’t undervalue them that much - no fucker wants them, the only ones we can shift are the ones that’s come in under new owners.

Well when Championship clubs can go asking for 30-40m for youngsters with a handful of appearances I don't think it's unreasonable to be asking the same if someone actually wants them. 6m for Anderson? That's a pisstake for a reserve with no appearances now let alone a young player with a few years of senior appearances

We paid 6m for a West Ham reserve, and the let one of our youngsters go to Everton for the same, so if we took that for Anderson then we are truly bigger mugs than we look

Edited by gjohnson

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well when Championship clubs can go asking for 30-40m for youngsters with a handful of appearances I don't think it's unreasonable to be asking the same if someone actually wants them. 6m for Anderson? That's a pisstake for a reserve with no appearances now let alone a young player with a few years of senior appearances

If I were to put my car up for sale at book price and I got no offers because no one wanted it then is it worth book price? Even if so is it a fool’s errand me trying to sell it for that when there’s clearly no one interested?

This isn’t football manager - every club wants to buy cheap due to psr and the fact there’s now punishment for breaking the rules yet they haven’t lowered their own asking prices accordingly (yet). IMO something needs to give.

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Problem is, no one wants Anderson. He's tier 2 quality. We could probably get a good price for Miley though. He's going to be PL quality if he isn't already.

Just now, The Butcher said:

Keeping Elliot around as a squad player on modest wages seems a no brainer to me.... Only upside for the lad as he gets older, only 21

Can’t really see the logic in selling Anderson at all. Obviously we’re not in Europe so his game time might not allow him to develop as much as we’d like but he is a good player and is worth more than we could get for him right now