Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Absolute snorefest

There’s still a good chance England make the final of this competition and Southgate’s apologists once again fail to acknowledge that this is an unbelievably talented group of players blessed with the kindest of draws possible

Just wish a PL club would be daft enough to make the glakey get a job offer

Don't see any of 'Southgate's apologists' absolving him at all this tournament or claiming the draw isn't kind. Baseless guff.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Don't see any of 'Southgate's apologists' absolving him at all this tournament or claiming the draw isn't kind. Baseless guff.

I take it you’re not listening to the pundits?  I’m not talking about anyone on here

🇧🇷🗣�Ronaldo Nazario: "I think I love more tennis now than football. I cannot watch football matches. I think it's too boring."

Isnt it the truth?

Posted (edited)

Favourites for the tournament being lauded for being 0-0 against Switzerland in the same tournament as being slaughtered for beating and drawing with teams either no worse or only slightly worse earlier on in the same tournament is classic English media drama queendom

Edited by Jonas

Just now, TenkoDaLuz said:

🇧🇷🗣�Ronaldo Nazario: "I think I love more tennis now than football. I cannot watch football matches. I think it's too boring."

Isnt it the truth?

To choose tennis over football is a damning indictment.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I take it you’re not listening to the pundits?  I’m not talking about anyone on here

Even in that arena I think he's taken his fair share of warranted criticism this time. We've been objectively terrible and the draw has been objectively kind. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We're just absolutely shite tbh. 4 and a half games now against average to poor opposition and we've never looked remotely close to being a dangerous side.

Switzerland are a good team. England don't have the right to just beat them easy. This is much better than previous games

It's been no different to anything I've been watching.

They are playing like a team that is 3-0 up, know the game is won and are just waiting till it's finished. 

Either they are deliberately being instructed not move and actually run or they've forgotten how to do it. I've seen chess pieces move more actively

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Isnt it the truth?

Not without Nadal or Federer.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Even in that arena I think he's taken his fair share of warranted criticism this time. We've been objectively terrible and the draw has been objectively kind. 

I’m sat listening to Michael Bridges talking absolute shite tbf.  Perhaps it is different on BBC / ITV

On a different note - I watched a thing on YouTube last night about a SAS soldier nicknamed “Obi Wan Naurobi” - on how he pretty much on his own saved 700+ hostages, amazing

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

0 shots on target

Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions

This game is just the second of the last 69 knockout round matches at the UEFA European Championships (since the semi-finals in 1996) to have seen no shots on target in the first half, along with Croatia vs Portugal in 2016.

2 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Isnt it the truth?

Aye, coz there were never boring football matches when he played :lol: