Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

I wish it was fun to watch but the fact is we're finally in control here. I do think that is worthy of some recognition. 

Is Kane actually finished now (I know his goal record last year) or is it the system?

By finished I mean at the highest level. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I wish it was fun to watch but the fact is we're finally in control here. I do think that is worthy of some recognition. 

Have the Swiss not let us though?? It’s sideways and backwards, we’ve created zero and don’t look like doing so other than when Saka skins someone. If that’s progress then we really need to stop thinking of ourselves as one of the Worlds best. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

We haven't had a shot on target...

Posted (edited)

In this tournament I can only recall one game that made me seat at the edge of my seat and it was Austria x Turkey.

Most games were a snoozefest, apart from that one.

To think football can go on like this forever and that nothing has changed for the worst in the last 20 years is crazy, or one just doesn't remember how it was before.

Soon enough we will have games where both teams just pass the ball amongst themselves in their own half.

"Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it......."

Edited by TenkoDaLuz

A word on Kane; he was awful in Euro 2020 too - until second half of Germany and then he was huge for us until the end. 

Needs to pick his arse up now like. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

2018, 2020, and 2022 had unbelievably kind draws too.  One win vs a top ten ranked country (Denmark).  I would’ve backed pretty much every previous England manager to have done exactly the same 

Just refer back to our last conversation about the teams we played, my opinion hasn't changed. I think the idea that the big teams or smaller teams who beat the big teams that we played were favourable draws is utter bollocks. Always will.

As I added in my previous post, it's also a strawman from you (I know you don't like that but I can't lie) Southgate's been universally criticised this tournament, and no one has said anything about not having a kind draw this time.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

That was equivalent to his 25m swimming certificate prior to his channel swim. 

You get a certificate for 25m? I just got a pathetic badge to sew to my trunks 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, triggs said:

What do you mean? :lol:

They beat Italy 2-0 a few days ago and have got to the knockout stages of the last 6 tournaments. This is a decent performance by England so far

I'm watching two average international sides and been told I need to lower my expectations. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect this squad to have dominated atleast one half of football in this tournament, we've been lifting :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Feels like someone's had a word with the Beeb lot and told them not to be so critical after the Denmark game. They're all banging on about how great this is and it's the usual negative, attack-free shite.