James Bunce (Performance Director)

Jack27

1 hour ago, Cf said:

Surname is too close to Bruce for my liking. 

Spent the past week saying bruce even wondered if they were related, it was only this morning i read his name propley [emoji38]

My brain is turning in to a pea, I keep thinking the title says "James Blunt". If anyone out there is wanting to experience murdering someone, I wish to end my pain and volunteer as a practice.

On 13/07/2024 at 07:52, Cf said:

Surname is too close to Bruce for my liking. 

Fresh from Edwards..."despite their names sounding similar, Bunce has no family connection to much loved bacon fancier Bruce".

56 minutes ago, andycap said:

I can see him and Eddie having bust ups 😂. He keeps an eye on fitness and if players are playable or not. 

Ha, hopefully not... But there could be some interesting interactions. Either way it's an exciting hire. Would be so good to get this section of the club locked down.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I can see him and Eddie having bust ups 😂. He keeps an eye on fitness and if players are playable or not. 

That was actually my first thought [emoji38]

Bunce: "Gordo needs a rest after three straight 90s"

Eddie: "Like fuck he does. Southgate rested him plenty."

Maybe not bust ups I worded that wrong. But might be a bit friction now and again. 

Bunce you can't play burn. 

Howe why not he's a valuable team member at leftback. 

Bunce because he's shite 😂 

Without having a scooby about this Bunce fella I don't see why there's any likelihood of "friction" between him and Eddie. 

I'm absolutely certain he'll want to make sure there's no repeat of last seasons injury record and both will work to prevent that. 

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Without having a scooby about this Bunce fella I don't see why there's any likelihood of "friction" between him and Eddie. 

I'm absolutely certain he'll want to make sure there's no repeat of last seasons injury record and both will work to prevent that. 

Agreed however playing devil's advocate if Eddie is instructed to tone down the training or style or frequency of training it could be a cause of conflict even if unintended as ultimately his style of coaching contributes to the output on the pitch and it's Eddie's job on the line if it goes badly more so than Bunce. 

10 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Agreed however playing devil's advocate if Eddie is instructed to tone down the training or style or frequency of training it could be a cause of conflict even if unintended as ultimately his style of coaching contributes to the output on the pitch and it's Eddie's job on the line if it goes badly more so than Bunce. 

Or, playing angel's advocate, Eddie and Mad Dog have already come to conclusion that they might need to tone it down OR train another way. 

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Or, playing angel's advocate, Eddie and Mad Dog have already come to conclusion that they might need to tone it down OR train another way. 

Depends how hands on this role will be it may not be how they break down but how we manage them and their recovery when they do. I guess we all just hope the role is a positive step in keeping players available for as much of the season as possible something Eales said in his lil interview yesterday. 

Probably a good opportunity this season for them to work together when we're playing once a week, then when we're back in Europe for 25/26 we'll see the impact in terms of how the manager rotates, although no doubt he learnt a lot himself last season on that front too.

*Assuming that's the depth his role will go to, which Eales seemed to confirm.

11 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Depends how hands on this role will be it may not be how they break down but how we manage them and their recovery when they do. I guess we all just hope the role is a positive step in keeping players available for as much of the season as possible something Eales said in his lil interview yesterday. 

Absolutely. 

I'm a renowned miserable cunt who, as my wife regularly reminds me, sucks the life out of everything 😂

BUT I'm carefully confident all these eggs are going into the same basket. 

From the owners all the way down, these are serious people who will all be grafting together. 

On this, the club, I've got nowt but positivity *

(*) I'll miss Amanda tho but

If this guy is as good as people are making out, and can sort our mdeical/recovery team out and significantly reduce injuries, I can see no reason why Howe would have a problem with that.  The more players he has in peak condition on the bench, the better.  What manager would not dream of that?

Sure, there might be some friction, and I guess some of that could come from the highly demanding training Howe adopts.  He might make recommendations to to change that slightly, but with science backing it up I am sure

12 hours ago, andycap said:

Maybe not bust ups I worded that wrong. But might be a bit friction now and again. 

Bunce you can't play burn. 

Howe why not he's a valuable team member at leftback. 

Bunce because he's shite 😂 

You ok mate?

I feel sorry for him, due to the curse you just know by November he'll be a jibbering wreck mumbling "How ?......but ?.......we.......I don't understand"

7 minutes ago, madras said:

I feel sorry for him, due to the curse you just know by November he'll be a jibbering wreck mumbling "How ?......but ?.......we.......I don't understand"

I was wondering something similar. Can we break the man :lol:

On 17/07/2024 at 22:11, HawK said:

Took me a minute, but I think if you add a colon after the first word for lines 2-4 it makes sense :lol:

Altogether too much colon throughout the post

• 3 weeks later...