Final: England 1-2 Spain

Disco

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Spain are better than that Italy and have had a great tournament. Spain should have beaten Italy in the last Euros too

I disagree, they're a talented but inexperienced team that a street wise team would have beaten and taught them a valuable lesson to learn from then win in a few years, not now.

6 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Both goals came down our right hands side, with Walker exposed. Am I being too harsh and saying Saka was at fault too for not tracking back quick enough?

I dunno. It's not like they had an extra man over. Walker just didn't look.

Genuinely fed up of ALWAYS losing finals too. 98 and 99 FA cups, League Cup 23 and both Euros finals. Supporters of shite teams even get to see their team win a trophy at least once.

Edited by Skeletor

Just now, LiquidAK said:

You okay mate? :lol:

Half baked mate I tried to agree with the fella who broadly said, I think, we got to the final despite of Southgate not because of him!

Right fuck it I’m off to bed 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That was us in 96 :lol:

100%. 98 as well. Bawling my fucking eyes out about all sorts and my mum and dad’s divorce in the background. Mental how patterns repeat. Anyway, as far as the football goes, we should have won, and we lumbered on with players that weren’t performing. It’s a shame, but I feel like I’ve won as a little family, we cheered them on almost every match together. 

Really needed to stay on their throats after the equaliser. There were 5 minutes after Palmer's goal (which was fantastic btw) where it looked like we could go and win it but we just looked scared as Spain started to attack again.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Genuinely fed up of ALWAYS losing finals too. 98 and 99 FA cups, League Cup 23 and both Euros finals.

:lol: had the exact same thought.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Genuinely fed up of ALWAYS losing finals too. 98 and 99 FA cups, League Cup 23 and both Euros finals. Supporters of shite teams even get to see their team win a trophy at least once.

Totally 

Just now, SiLvOR said:

:lol: had the exact same thought.

I've started to reach the age where I'm moving from "got plenty of time" to "I will die before I see a team I support lift a trophy" :lol: fucks sake

The most maddening part is that they were absolutely rattled after the equaliser and yet we retreated and surrendered our momentum. 

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I've started to reach the age where I'm moving from "got plenty of time" to "I will die before I see a team I support lift a trophy" :lol: fucks sake

:lol: same. Mid thirties now and I'm like "uh oh"

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Just one fucking performance in a final. JUST ONE. Play like you fucking want to win.

Edited by Skeletor

19 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

He's just saying this Spain side are not like other winners, hence why it's a missed opportunity.

Didn't they concede just four goals all tournament? I could be misinformed but if that is the case, quite a performance.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Really needed to stay on their throats after the equaliser. There were 5 minutes after Palmer's goal (which was fantastic btw) where it looked like we could go and win it but we just looked scared as Spain started to attack again.

We dropped off by 10 yards after Palmer scored. Down to the manager that - not the players?

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

You have to be the best TEAM.  We have been managed by a complete loser for quite a few years now.  But he's a nice bloke you know.

Thought Walker showed this tournament that his better international days are behind him, his final ball/end product was very average all tournament.

I would have loved to have seen Gordon get at Carvahal in that second half, was exactly what we needed when we brought Watkins on too.

Kane's role will be interesting going forward, he has had a very, very poor tournament and nothing like his former self, despite how good he has been for Bayern.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Women won. Didn't feel quite the same as I dint know who any of them are.