Final: England 1-2 Spain

Disco

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The most maddening part is that they were absolutely rattled after the equaliser and yet we retested and surrendered our momentum. 

Bang on.  A decent coach/manager would have had a right go at the opposition.  This bloke ....... yawn

Southgate was getting pelters leading up to the tournament, right through to the final when all the press suddenly decided he was the right man all along. I guess they'll probably flip again once the eulogies to "our brave lads" are over. I just think he's always been far too cautious and England are in danger of wasting another generation of talented footballers if he stays on. I thought he was a poor manager years ago and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

Just now, geordie_b said:

IMG_8925.jpeg

We got to the final on talent alone. We have the best squad. We should have won. Every position we have depth and quality deprh. Even left back, the pundit might argue we don't but we have many players that could have started every game.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

We dropped off by 10 yards after Palmer scored. Down to the manager that - not the players?

If it was tactical it was a shit decision, no question. Felt in the game like the players got spooked as Spain started to come at us again but maybe that's because they were told to drop off and the momentum swung

Just now, LiquidAK said:

If it was tactical it was a shit decision, no question. Felt in the game like the players got spooked as Spain started to come at us again but maybe that's because they were told to drop off and the momentum swung

Gallagher was due to come on. It was tactical.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

You have to be the best TEAM.  We have been managed by a complete loser for quite a few years now.  But he's a nice bloke you know.

A complete loser who's made 2 finals and a semi in a 55 year drought of not even getting there. Let me hear your thoughts of SBR, Venables etc

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Bellingham.

Said it before, but Kevin fucking Nolan with better PR.

Scary to think that with better PR Kevin Nolan would have scored 23 in a season for Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

A complete loser who's made 2 finals and a semi in a 55 year drought of not even getting there. Let me hear your thoughts of SBR, Venables etc

SBR at least won stuff at club level.

Southgate's never won and never will win anything at club or International level.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Which actually equates to a complete loser!  Be honest, he's hopeless.

England boss Gareth Southgate has become the first manager in European Championship history to end on the losing side in two finals.

Record breaker!

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Gallagher was due to come on. It was tactical.

That was after the momentum had swung though. That sub felt more like a "oh shit this has turned again now, who can I bring on to get some energy back". 

I mean it probably was tactical anyway mind.

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Credit to Cucurella, what a tournament he’s had. Fair play. 

He's been and is shite, that pass aside. Have I missed him doing something else?

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ultimately all were losers but 2 at least tried to win

96 semi final was the very definition of the team and manager giving everything and us just coming up short. Actually it was Southgate again with his shit penalty taking.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Which actually equates to a complete loser!  Be honest, he's hopeless.

Stop ignoring the context Rod. Give me your review of everyone bar Ramsay.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably good at building ”team spirit” but really not the man/coach to lead this England generation bursting with attacking talent.

I'm not arsed. Haven't been arsed all tournament. All comes from my hatred of Southgate. Would love to have won. But alas we haven't. And it's on him.

Cos he is absolutely shite.

Funny thing about this whole Kane thing, is I was watching Spain today thinking how perfect he'd be with their two young wingers flying forward, as well as Olmo and Ruiz actually making well timed forward runs ahead of the striker at times.

England have a bunch of interesting pieces, and a man in charge that has no idea how to put them together to be more effective.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

SBR at least won stuff at club level.

Southgate's never won and never will win anything at club or International level.

That's extremely selective 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Probably good at building ”team spirit” but really not the man/coach to lead this England generation bursting with attacking talent.

Would agree. Hopefully it's a base to get there (without Howe pls)

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Stop ignoring the context Rod. Give me your review of everyone bar Ramsay.

Pack it in, I'm not that old.