Will Osula

34 minutes ago, Paully said:

Having followed his career intensely since his debut, I am very pleased about this.........!

He looks to have great potential and under Eddie's tuition, he will only get better and better!

Very astute business!

Mind, let's hope he turns out better than our last Danish forward (albeit he was played in the wrong position and didn't do too badly after he left!)!

Peter Lovenkrands wasn’t that bad :)

(I know you’re likely referring to JD Tomasson though)

1 hour ago, SteV said:

No chance he’s going on loan like.

Would seem unlikely, aye. He's 21 on Sunday, (older than Lewis Hall and others around the first team), and seems the perfect fit for third cenre forward cover.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

It just takes one of those to do well in the first-team and it's been a success. 

2 minutes ago, Elma said:

Would seem unlikely, aye. He's 21 on Sunday, (older than Lewis Hall and others around the first team), and seems the perfect fit for third cenre forward cover.

With Isak and Wilson’s injury records over the last two seasons he’ll see plenty of pitch time.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It just takes one of those to do well in the first-team and it's been a success. 

True enough. I’ve seen least of Pivas, but done a bit of Wise-scouting the others and it’s obvious why we wanted them.
He’s probably furthest away from first team, but so was most excited about Finneran. Love that kind of midfielder to my mind a McCreery/Aitken/Bracewell/Keane alikee; hopefully with a ceiling closer to the latter, but being as good as any of the others would do very nicely as well. 

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Peter Lovenkrands wasn’t that bad :)

(I know you’re likely referring to JD Tomasson though)

Ha ha I was racking my brains trying to think of someone more recent - how did I forget him!

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

Ha ha I was racking my brains trying to think of someone more recent - how did I forget him!

Probably because he sounds as Scottish as Hamish McHamish, and we only ever called him Lovelyhands on here ?

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

It's also nice to know that we now have youngsters that might be able to do a job if another injury crisis happens.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That not what people said about Minteh... 😅

Although he never got to the first team.

Edited by Joe1984

2 hours ago, Paully said:

Having followed his career intensely since his debut, I am very pleased about this.........!

He looks to have great potential and under Eddie's tuition, he will only get better and better!

Very astute business!

Mind, let's hope he turns out better than our last Danish forward (albeit he was played in the wrong position and didn't do too badly after he left!)!

Peter Løvenkrands?

Edit: too slow. Already mentioned :)

Edited by mosstef

Happy we went down this route and not the DCL or Solanke option.

Looks like a young Solanke in style. Also reminds me a bit of Collymore with his head down running and shooting of both feet.

Was hoping to see more of his aerial ability but not much in the clips.

I’d be very surprised if he’s loaned out this season as I think he’ll get minutes. Probably as soon as the opening fixture judging by Wilson’s availability.

Edited by LFEE

Training alongside Isak and Wilson (occassionally) and the input from Howe and team, he could develop into something pretty good IMO. 

At that money, we don't have much to lose and you would think this is very much a player they like based on data and upside potential.  

Seems to have a decent all round game from the highlights and can definitely strike a ball clean and hard. More than happy to see what Howe can do with him as our 3rd choice

If you're upset by this you're a mouthbreather.

You wouldn't be upset if a MaRqUeE signing arrived before he did.

I've not read the thread so not directed at anyone but i'm sure the cesspit of online fandom will be seething.

I’m enthused by this signing. He’s got something about him and so far EH & co have got the best out of their players 

17 hours ago, gdm said:

image.thumb.png.bfad7c5e24d45c154714ac5d985b66b3.png

seems a monster at youth level but hasn’t quite made that step up 

His goal scoring record is kind of baffling. 11 in 5 at U23 level, 19 in 9 at U21 level and then at senior level 2 in 16 in League One and 0 in 28 across Championship and PL, even accounting for most of those appearances being as a sub. I realise the overall level of defending at academy level will be lower, but to go from scoring a brace every game on average to hardly scoring at all at senior level is odd.

I think his youth level scoring record shows he can be a good finisher, and based of the clips he seems a good striker of the ball with both feet, so it may just be a matter of building his confidence up, training with better coaches and playing with better team mates that could lead to him unlocking his potential. He couldn't have found a better environment to come to and develop, although bar another horrific injury crisis I don't expect we will see much of him in the first season, maybe the odd minute here or there and a runout in a cup game vs lower league opposition.