Marc Guehi

gdm

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How is Ornstein so connected by the way? He breaks so many stories it’s unreal 

Like Romano I think he gets information direct from the club. Ornstein seems to be more trusted these days as just tweets the basic facts and doesn’t lickspittle the same way Romano does (“such and such player only wants Barca”).

Maybe we are putting more money on him only spend less on a RW? Because it’s more difficult to find a truly good expensive RW that we can attract? Or we might even afford both :lol: (expensive ones)

Knew the Thiaw stuff had to be bollocks because of the amount of stuff written, we don’t operate like that. It’s “advanced discussions/fee agreed” the first we usually know about it.

Absolutely great signing if this comes off. He’s as solid as they come.

Great player but £70m for him is absolutely insane

Edit: 2 years left on his contract, absolutely no chance he goes for £70m.

Edited by Menace

Unfortunately I can see this being like Olise, we are obviously interested but he will get a better offer with more money from a champions league club, hope I am wrong .

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

'Open negotiations' is a bit nothingy, mind. Ornstein legitimises it of course but doesn't sound likely or unlikely at this point, does it?

it happen

Don't think he'll be as much as made out. The market has deflated a lot since Maguire deal and he only has 2 years left.

Still seems a pricey option I'd say when we also need a right winger.

7 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

He's right footed so presumably he's being looked at with RCB in mind

Yeah, like Schar, he's just comfortable either side.

Love him as a long term partner to Botman. Both turn 24 this year.

This is a big time move.

Think him and Gordon get on really well, so that could be a plus (if he is staying).

Only 2 years on contract, but still going to be at least £50M I would have thought, similar to Olise deal maybe.

Back four to pick from Schar, Guehi, Botman, Kelly would be pretty impressive.. 

If this is true, hope we don't spunk the budget in favour of RW - hopefully we have the capacity for both.  

Just now, simonsays said:

Back four of Tino, Guehi, Botman and Hall would be pretty fucking nice.  Sorted for the next 5 or 6 seasons

To think Chelsea had most of that for a pittance is crazy :lol:

IF it happens for 60-70m then yeah it’s expensive, but fuck that. It’s proven top quality and this for a young player in his position. This will put put ripples on the surface around the world which will enhance our ambition and name. It would raise everyone’s belief and confidence in our team. Never mind the ceiling in quality overall.