Marc Guehi

gdm

13 minutes ago, Erikse said:

True. But I was thinking, do Eddie trust Hall yet? I'm still not convinced that Eddie prefers Hall over Burn at LB, due to tactical reasons. If Kelly gets injured, we just might see Burn there. But now that I think about it, this wouldn't change by signing Guehi either.

I'm not certain Eddie is sold on Hall either tbh. Especially with Guehi at CB this season next to Schar. 

25 minutes ago, Erikse said:

True. But I was thinking, do Eddie trust Hall yet? I'm still not convinced that Eddie prefers Hall over Burn at LB, due to tactical reasons. If Kelly gets injured, we just might see Burn there. But now that I think about it, this wouldn't change by signing Guehi either.

I understand the apprehension when it comes to Howe and Hall

Got to question why we bought Hall if he will be the victim or a preferred 3 CB system / height at LB 

Edited by janpawel
Typo

2 hours ago, janpawel said:

How quick is he? People have said he is nippy but I'm curious 

I never paid much attention to him but was deffo impressed at the euros 

Just watch a few comps of him and you’ll see he’s like an actual footballer. At the Euros it seemed like he was just a really good positional player being in the right place at the right time but I didn’t realize how good he actually was on the ball, you’ll be surprised to see how many strikers he leaves on the ground as he tempts them to press only to run past them with ease.  Very nippy, very sharp. 

Edited by Astroblack

13 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I understand the apprehension when it comes to Howe and Hall

Got to question why we bought Hall if he will be the victim or a preferred 3 CB system / height at LB 

There's a decent possibility that Hall was more someone Ashworth wanted?

I think there'll be some games where Kelly may be preferred at LB but I'm hopeful that Hall will have a chance to compete for the first choice role.

That said, even if the plan is for a more defensive LB to be the standard there's a role for Hall. Can absolutely see him being extremely good in the LCM role.

Also, he's still a teenager. Don't think we need to panic if he's not a locked in first choice player. Him being comfortable at two positions means he'll see the pitch plenty.

Seems like from the back end of last season to now, Hall is head and shoulders our best LB. Current form and evidence suggests he’s the starter.

26 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Is there a point where this becomes a bad deal? I highly doubt we’re going in much more than 50m regardless of whatever Palace think they may get.

Think we will go up to 65m with add ons. Not sure how it will be structured. Based on absolutely nothing and provided we are unopposed by liverpool or Chelsea, I think this gets done.

If this gets done we’d have the option of a pretty intriguing back five (with Botman still to return)…

Hall — Kelly — Guehi — Schar — Trips/Tino

In theory that would also allow us to remove the weak RW position, though I don't know exactly what that front 5 would look like.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

If this gets done we’d have the option of a pretty intriguing back five (with Botman still to return)…

Hall — Kelly — Guehi — Schar — Trips/Tino

In theory that would also allow us to remove the weak RW position, though I don't know exactly what that front 5 would look like.

Pope

Guehi      Botman      Kelly

Livramento                                           Hall

Tonali Bruno G Joelinton

Isak   Gordon 

Would be fascinating to try him as a DM at times. Stones/Pep type thing. I think his qualities may well lend themselves to that role and it would allow Bruno to move further forward, where his passing could be even more incisive.

Cartel Cunts creeping about:

Liverpool target Guehi

LIVERPOOL are ready to join the bidding battle for England star Marc Guehi.

New Kop boss Arne Slot is keen to rival ­Newcastle — with Crystal Palace ready to demand £75million for the England centre-back.

Dutchman Slot could also lose Guehi’s Three Lions team-mate Joe Gomez as part of a mega deal to land Magpies forward Anthony Gordon.

Toon have yet to make a formal offer and Liverpool are waiting in the wings to find out the price while trying to avoid an auction.

Guehi, 24, was a standout star for England at Euro 2024 and Palace will have little option but to sell if the right offer comes in.

He has two years left on his deal at Selhurst Park.

Just now, gbandit said:

Eurgh, fuck a saga / bidding war 

If Gomez the enabler for them getting Guehi (1 in; 1 out) hopefully we’re not dense enough to help them out by taking a cast off.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Liverpool target Guehi

New Kop boss Arne Slot is keen to rival ­Newcastle — with Crystal Palace ready to demand £75million for the England centre-back.

Dutchman Slot could also lose Guehi’s Three Lions team-mate Joe Gomez as part of a mega deal to land Magpies forward Anthony Gordon.

Toon have yet to make a formal offer and Liverpool are waiting in the wings to find out the price while trying to avoid an auction.

Guehi, 24, was a standout star for England at Euro 2024 and Palace will have little option but to sell if the right offer comes in.

That makes it sound like Liverpool want Gordon and Guehi and we could end up with Gomez. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

That makes it sound like Liverpool want Gordon and Guehi and we could end up with Gomez. 

That's how I read it to. Would be an absolute shit-show that mind, can't believe for one second we'd let that happen.

Just now, Lee Charnley said:

Gordon won't be sold. I can't see us getting Guehi but we wouldn't sell Gordon unless it was for 150m

I agree with you Gordon won’t be sold but if Liverpool offered 100-110m I think we sell not 150. I don’t think Liverpool would ever pay that tho considering what they already have. 

We should pull a Ratface on this one. Howe should go on live TV and say the taxpayer should pay for his transfer as if they did 3 out the 4 of England's backline for the next 5 years plus could be playing together week in week out for one club. Imagine what that would do for England's prospects of winning a something. He could call it the 'Great Defence of the North'.

20 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Liverpool target Guehi

Sunday click bait. Anyhow his head has been turned. He wants to play for the cloob with the greatest ground atmosphere in the PL.