Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Interesting that Glasner previously managed Lacroix. Would make that a pretty decent replacement due to the familiarity.

That Wharton was being linked with Liverpool a week or so ago, and so that will be very difficult for them to pull off, with him having so many years left on his deal.

Just now, Ben said:

I do think Wharton looks great but not for that kind of money 

He could be worth that amount but right now he's worth half that.

Don't know if anyone watched Man City and Chelsea last night.

Tosin was a disaster. Doesn't look suited for what Maresca is trying to do so far. 

It was quite enjoyable to watch. Really hoping Chelsea stink this season.

4 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

I’d like Guehi but he’s very expensive, I wouldn’t give it a second thought if he went to Liverpool, especially for £70m +. 

I don't think anyone's paying £70m, my main concern is that Liverpool, or a club similar could match our valuation and if he ends up going elsewhere, we miss out on other targets that are within reach. I can understand why we are going in hard though, I guess we must think it's a pivotal signing.

Tosin looked very slow. Physically and mentally. Switched off a few times and was outpaced on a few occasions too. Can either see him costing them points or barely playing. 

3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Tosin looked very slow. Physically and mentally. Switched off a few times and was outpaced on a few occasions too. Can either see him costing them points or barely playing. 

The Maresca hire was a huge call. He's very much a Pep disciple, and I don't think the players they have suit that style. Especially when building out from defence.

Badiashile has been awful when he has featured too, and both Colwill and Fofana haven't been too great either.

Be interesting to see if they adjust.

4 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Chose the dollar and the location over genuine career progression with a top coach and upwardly mobile team. 

Bollocks to him.

It's looking like it could get messy at Chelsea, if they start slow.

They've banished Gallagher and Chalobah too, which is causing drama with the fans and all.

Crazy stuff. Hope he enjoys himself.

Aye, there's an argument that it's somewhat petty on my behalf but I do hope Tosin's career goes as badly as is possible from this point on, must admit.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Tosin was a disaster. Doesn't look suited for what Maresca is trying to do so far. 

At fault for one of the goals wasn’t he ?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

At fault for one of the goals wasn’t he ?

Passed it straight to them from inside his own box in the lead up to the penalty.

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So, just for fun, does this suggest that our recruiting choices possibly aren't impeccable? Seeing as we were inches from signing this guy, and casting doubt on any of our strong links is pretty controversial.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

So, just for fun, does this suggest that our recruiting choices possibly aren't impeccable? Seeing as we were inches from signing this guy, and casting doubt on any of our strong links is pretty controversial.

No. He’s a decent player. Can’t be judging a player on one bad game in a friendly for a new side. Just for fun or otherwise 

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

I wouldn't say so. Although we play out from the back, we don't overplay, and are less possession obsessed.

I also think our team and setup is a lot more settled and there are more experienced players in and around the team.

Think he would have fit in better with how we play, personally.

The whole Chelsea defence looks a mess at the minute.

17 minutes ago, Shak said:

Aye, there's an argument that it's somewhat petty on my behalf but I do hope Tosin's career goes as badly as is possible from this point on, must admit.

The downside is that Boehly could easily come in and bid for Guehi just on a whim. Not sure how that would work with the 20% sell on fee they are due if he goes elsewhere, but Chelsea always seem to find a way to bring in another centre back.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

The downside is that Boehly could easily come in and bid for Guehi just on a whim. Not sure how that would work with the 20% sell on fee they are due if he goes elsewhere, but Chelsea always seem to find a way to bring in another centre back.

They have like 8 centre halves.

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think anyone's paying £70m, my main concern is that Liverpool, or a club similar could match our valuation and if he ends up going elsewhere, we miss out on other targets that are within reach. I can understand why we are going in hard though, I guess we must think it's a pivotal signing.

They must’ve also had word that he was interested too. 

Just now, KaKa said:

I wouldn't say so. Although we play out from the back, we don't overplay, and are less possession obsessed.

I also think our team and setup is a lot more settled and there are more experienced players in and around the team.

Think he would have fit in better with how we play, personally.

The whole Chelsea defence looks a mess at the minute.

That's fair comment. But it's still funny to see people wanting to live in a magic world where everything we do is right, and yet anyone who chooses not to join us becomes shite.