Marc Guehi

gdm

On 09/08/2024 at 15:44, LFEE said:

I also think the reason for the slow progress is the Palace ownership structure. It’s an open secret nobody really knows who owns them being linked with Delaware and their main USA shareholders and the only name we know of other than Parish (John Textor) was recently wanting to sell up and get involved in Everton. So with a lot of secrecy/laundering/timing involved its probably a bit of a nightmare.

Remember when I flagged up on here about two weeks later that Olise hadn’t been confirmed after it was assumed it was done. I think there are a lot of interested parties and different lawyers involved with anything involving Palace.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

I generally don’t watch any premier league football not involving NUFC. Was absolutely astonished when there was all this talk of Branthwaite moving for big money. Only time I’ve ever seen him play was when he came on as a sub at SJP and looked like he’d never played football before.

Assuming he’s improved?

Was laughably bad at PSV too. Or perhaps we have higher standards for defensive footballers :p

23 minutes ago, andycap said:

Never seen much of branthwaite is he really that good? I know he's a big bugger and young. 

I heard he's worth just £35m.

12 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

One thing missing from the "we were poor on defense not offense" narrative is that we had trouble scoring against the top of the table. Take away the two blow out wins vs. Chelsea and Spurs and it looks even worse.

Our results/points return against the bottom few sides was relatively poor. Can’t recall at the mo, but we did far worse than expected and  than our nearest rivals. 

Even if Trippier has been poor for a while, I just don't get the energy some people have in being able to be so cuntish about it given he's been one of our best ever signings. Some people deserve Ashley. Fucking enjoy the ride, man. 

If they meet in the middle at £55m with achievable add-ons, it feels likely to happen given Guehi’s interest in the move and personal terms as good as agreed.

That's all you need re Guehi.

Pessimist in me feels if we don’t hear a deal agreed today, that’s that, we’ll be moving on elsewhere.

Especially if Palace are open to selling Anderson to Fulham for £30m+.

That would then be DCL / Olise / Guehi / Trafford where we’ve made bids and not been successful :D 

18 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Pessimist in me feels if we don’t hear a deal agreed today, that’s that, we’ll be moving on elsewhere.

Especially if Palace are open to selling Anderson to Fulham for £30m+.

That would then be DCL / Olise / Guehi / Trafford where we’ve made bids and not been successful :D 

What does the optimistic side of you say? Or would you rather not share that? [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, STM said:

What does the optimistic side of you say? Or would you rather not share that? [emoji38]

Deal agreed today, then later this evening, Orny tweeting deal agreed for Almiron to go and club in talks with X club for X player :D 

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Deal agreed today, then later this evening, Orny tweeting deal agreed for Almiron to go and club in talks with X club for X player :D 

More like it lad. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I'll take this option please. 

There's a good chance that we are negotiating so ferociously on a fee, specifically to leave us some wriggle room for a another deal beyond this.

ALL we can do is keep our faith in our club and the people working for it/us.

Before October 2021 delays like this often meant failure.

Since the Takeover we tend to succeed.