Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, TRC said:

I still find going for a cb at this price odd. 

Agreed, so I'm telling myself we've watched him thoroughly over the last couple years, and the underlying data looks great and therefore we have decided he's our long term CB for the years to come

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

I still find going for a cb at this price odd. Eddie does not like rotating his back 4 unless their is an injury.

With Guehi in one of Kelly, Burn and Hall isn't going to get get many opportunities if everyone stays fit.

Imagine when Big Sven returns - ooof I smell defensive depth 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Newcastle fans not understanding the concept of a squad never gets old.

I understand the concept of a squad, but if all stay fit there it looks difficult for whoever is down the pecking order in Kelly and Burn to very difficult to get in the team. Kelly just signed and must have had assurances and Burn is one of Eddies favourites. Defence isnt like CM/Wing where you rotate.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

I still find going for a cb at this price odd. Eddie does not like rotating his back 4 unless their is an injury.

With Guehi in one of Kelly, Burn and Hall isn't going to get get many opportunities if everyone stays fit.

I think Guehi would be a starter, and then it's down to Schar, Kelly, Burn to fight it out for the other spot.

Once Sven returns I can see Burn been surplus to requirements.

Edited by Alberto2005

Just now, STM said:

The club briefing the press about having other targets isn't a good sign like.

Why? Surely it's better than letting Palace know we've put all our eggs in one basket

9 minutes ago, TRC said:

Burn 33, Fab 32, Tripps 33. You build for tomorrow not just today. It's the future I've seen it.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

I understand the concept of a squad, but if all stay fit there it looks difficult for whoever is down the pecking order in Kelly and Burn to very difficult to get in the team. Kelly just signed and must have had assurances and Burn is one of Eddies favourites. Defence isnt like CM/Wing where you rotate.

Alot of defenders out of contract next summer, of which wrong side of 30 and won't all get extensions, assume club will hope for some form of Europe next season and it brings age if squad down and plans for future. 

Technically dummet and Richie were released both used in defense and would we sell targett still? We are padding and improving competition for places and narrowing drop off from starting 11.  

Saying all that still desperate for the RW to come in mind. 

St

10 minutes ago, TRC said:

Burn is out of Contract next summer along with Schar and Lascelles. Do you not think it prudent to sort that position out before they leave and other clubs know we’re desperate?

15 minutes ago, STM said:

The club briefing the press about having other targets isn't a good sign like.

They should brief out it’s Guehi or nothing and they’ll pay any price, that’ll show palace 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

To be fair to @STM I do get what he's saying - if the deal was complete we wouldn't be advertising that we've got other targets. So obviously @Ando7 and his ITK buddies have jumped the gun a bit here...

It wouldn’t be the first time tbh.

37 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

I think Guehi would be a starter, and then it's down to Schar, Kelly, Burn to fight it out for the other spot.

Once Sven returns I can see Burn been surplus to requirements.

Kelly takes over from Burn as first cover LB & CB, Schar cover for Guehi for a year or two. 

12 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

To be fair to @STM I do get what he's saying - if the deal was complete we wouldn't be advertising that we've got other targets. So obviously @Ando7 and his ITK buddies have jumped the gun a bit here...

Probably just putting the pressure on Palace