Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, STM said:

That's what I've just said.:lol:

We can get better than Madueke on the right hand side if we have got the Guehi money to play with...

Dunno why we'd make three bids and get so much positive noise if this is not essentially a goer on the assumption that we've been dealing with non-complete dickheads. We are not Ashley Clowncar FC any more.

Parish may love Guehi more than his own mam, but transfers only get this far if the player is completely up for it. The "head" being "turned" doesn't come close.

Parish's bravado will also not stop the devaluation ticker ticking. It won't be 60 million with 18 or 12 months left on his contract.

if CP can afford to turn down that kind of money and think they can hold on to their 'superstar' players then fair play 

but fuck them if they're just timewasting and hoping a bidding war will materialise 

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Is Todibo gone yet? Half the price and not too far away in terms of ability.

Yes and so is de Ligt. Disappointed we don't seem to have a plan B. Buying the Euro bump and getting soaked by the selling club is not what I have come to expect from NUFC. 

4 minutes ago, alexf said:

Said when we were first linked, for the inflated price due to Prem experience, recent high praise for England etc that we would have to pay way more than the player is worth.

You're reaching Van Dijk sort of money and he isn't a superstar or generational talent as his owner suggests. He's a good player who would improve us. But with the financial restraints put on us currently, not worth the amounts being discussed if it's gonna cause us to miss out on strengthening other areas or cause us to need to sell one of our actual stars next window.

Agree his price is getting ridiculous and the carry on from Parish is hardly ideal. But not having that price comparison. 

VVD was what, 25-26 when he moved so a similar age and went for £75m 6-7 years ago. What would that transfer fee if it happened today? A lot more than £75m. The same way this deal would not be around £65m in 17-18 or whenever it was. 

I can understand their stance up to a point. But I’m not sure they are going to get the bidding war they want. So our offer may well end up looking pretty enticing. That’s if we don’t withdraw it, of course. 

Just now, nufcjmc said:

First Mitchell failure? To spend so much time on a deal where the other party have no desire to sell?

Let's hope there is a back up plan/list

I don’t think you can put that on Mitchell. They were giving us signals they wanted to negotiate and then pulled this dickhead move seemingly out of the blue. We wouldn’t have continued with discussions if they told us they wouldn’t budge, 2 weeks ago.

I will just say, and I don't mean to sound like I'm clutching at straws as this clearly doesn't look be a great development, but if there are still talks ongoing then he likely would always say something like this. 

Permission to be excluded from the ITK bashing, thanks 😁

I did try to tell you yesterday that as of around 3pm yesterday nothing had changed. 

Still expecting it to happen soon… they’re all too confident behind the scenes, and the player himself is talking pretty openly to his mates about the move.

Not too disappointed because I'm not remotely surprised. This is typical of Parish and Palace and we would have went into this with our eyes wide open about them so you can't blame them.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I don’t think you can put that on Mitchell. They were giving us signals they wanted to negotiate and then pulled this dickhead move seemingly out of the blue. We wouldn’t have continued with discussions if they told us they wouldn’t budge, 2 weeks ago.

Agreed but difficult to say for certain when we aren't privy to all the info all the leaks have been them  wanting  65+ then the BBC I think mentioned 70m this morning. Piecing together our rumoured opening bid was sub 50m and we have gone up in small increments (all aledgedly of course) it seems like this was a lost cause.

The fact they getting offers for other players means I can understand from palace prospective other than him having 2 years left on his deal there isn't a big motivator. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

I will just say, and I don't mean to sound like I'm clutching at straws as this clearly doesn't look be a great development, but if there are still talks ongoing then he likely would always say something like this. 

Sounds to me like we have put a ‘final’ bid in and he’s not happy that we are short of the valuation so is putting public pressure on. Now a case of either who blinks first or do we get pissed off and just move on to other targets