Marc Guehi

gdm

I used to have a PlayStation game called Michael Owen Soccer which didn't have the licenses for player names so Marc Overmars was renamed as Marc Oversaturn which always tickled me. 

Dion Cork and Gary Slow were other highlights

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Isnt he injured as per Howe's Japan presser?

Didn't see that :thup: Did it sound like a bad one?

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Didn't see that :thup: Did it sound like a bad one?

Sure he listed 3/4 players that didnt travel for various reasons. Not sure he said what and cant find the quotes either

For what it's worth, Eddie has been very coy in his press conference this morning. Asked a few times about Guehi, wouldn't be drawn on it, and at one point said "nothing is close". 

Doesn't really mean much, I guess, but worth noting.

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

A bit confused, has anyone said he won’t be a good signing? If yes can you please share the posts?

I think the concerns are relating to the price and affordability when it comes to compliance with the rules. 

Yes there has been a lot of "lets throw the towel in" attitude across members implying he's not worth what we're offering. I'm suggesting Howe and Mitchell believe he's worth overpaying for as he raises the level of the group. Howe has stated recently there's "a small pool of players that can improve us". Guehi has obviously been identified as one.

Regards PSR concerns, we've no idea what the board's commercial strategy is for the next 6, 12 or 60 months are except to grow it upward.

In which case we'll have a budget that Mitchell is working with. They believe Guehi is worth £65m to this club and squad, we have to assume they've planned this ahead against future revenue. 

Lets have faith in the ownership.

1 minute ago, HayDen Traces said:

Yes there has been a lot of "lets throw the towel in" attitude across members implying he's not worth what we're offering. I'm suggesting Howe and Mitchell believe he's worth overpaying for as he raises the level of the group. Howe has stated recently there's "a small pool of players that can improve us". Guehi has obviously been identified as one.

Regards PSR concerns, we've no idea what the board's commercial strategy is for the next 6, 12 or 60 months are except to grow it upward.

In which case we'll have a budget that Mitchell is working with. They believe Guehi is worth £65m to this club and squad, we have to assume they've planned this ahead against future revenue. 

Good post 

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

I put him in my FF team on the basis he moves and becomes part of an elite 22/23 style NUFC defence so he better get it done. He’s a bit less than 65m at only 4.5m on that!

£4.5?!

We need WilliamPS on our negotiating team, pronto!

4 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

The price is only relevant because of FFP, which is obviously a concern which has been brought into focus recently. 

Your post is one of those popular ones which ring a bit hollow to be honest, more than happy to discuss the psr aspect though in the relevant thread if you want to post there. 

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Think we've overplayed our hand here. This shows we're desperate and Parish will be laughing like a super villain knowing he can ask for more.

This implies any negotiation is infinite though, any time we up our bid they ask for more?

Here we are sweating about £65m as our only "big" signing this window (so far) due to PSR, meanwhile Chelsea just spent another £50m on Neto like it's nothing, after spending 3 times more than us in the last few windows and having made several pricey signings this window.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Think we've overplayed our hand here. This shows we're desperate and Parish will be laughing like a super villain knowing he can ask for more.

Impossible to say as nobody knows exactly what’s going on

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This implies any negotiation is infinite though, any time we up our bid they ask for more?

If you don't really want to sell and know the bidding club will keep coming up what's your incentive to settle?

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Here we are sweating about £65m as our only "big" signing this window (so far), meanwhile Chelsea just spent another £50m on Neto like it's nothing, after spending 3 times more than us in the last few windows and making several signings this window.:lol:

Chelsea are able to offset such sales by selling academy players something they’ve been doing annually for years, also the baseline revenue they have is double ours. 

Unfortunately the dogshit rules makes us and them hard to compare. 

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Here we are sweating about £65m as our only "big" signing this window (so far) due to PSR, meanwhile Chelsea just spent another £50m on Neto like it's nothing, after spending 3 times more than us in the last few windows and having made several signings this window.:lol:

Cartel advantage.

Guess this gets sorted either way. We won't go higher so thry accept and it moves quickly, or we go elsewhere and they'll have a player who doesn't want to stay with a clock ticking on his contract with no intention of renewing.

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

If you don't really want to sell and know the bidding club will keep coming up what's your incentive to settle?

Well nothing, if you don't really want to sell. We're assume they're willing to sell, otherwise the whole thing is moot. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

The price is only relevant because of FFP, which is obviously a concern which has been brought into focus recently. 

Your post is one of those popular ones which ring a bit hollow to be honest, more than happy to discuss the psr aspect though in the relevant thread if you want to post there. 

This comes across very patronising tbh.

I've mentioned PSR in my post and also that none of us truly know what our commercial forecasts are for the future. 

No need to go into a deep discussion on PSR when neither you or myself fully understand whats going on with our accounts and what our growth figures, sponsorship bonuses, upcoming deals look like. It will be speculative.

I'm suggesting we trust those in charge to do that.