Marc Guehi

gdm

49 minutes ago, TRC said:

I agree, but why buy now at his absolute peak if we are letting him replace Schar who is going to be solid this season.

Again I dont think its a bad signing, but we are buying a guy at his absolute peak based of an international tournament. Just doesn't seem overly smart.

Well it's a fine balance I guess, you also don't want to wait until Schar gets an injury or drops off massively. And in the meantime they can be partners.

Just now, KennyUtd said:

Agreed but shouldn't he also have more than 1 fkn option of who to buy. We look so desperate here that Palace, quite rightly, feel they can ask any amount of money. Don't we always hear that we have a list of targets. Well we should have bid £50 million ( can't believe I'm actually writing this man) and moved on to another target. It can't be the case that he's the only centre half we've tracked. If so, they're doing a shite job of scouting players. 

You've just made an assumption we haven't got anymore targets? We're negotiating to buy a player. It can hardly be helped if Palace keep leaking the news to the press.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Irrespective of this transfer, Steve parish is a grade A quaffed hair bellsniff.

The archetypal cockney wide boy from a '70s BBC comedy drama series.

Just now, nufc123 said:

They have every right, but its going a bit mental with the fee now.

We could offer 80 and they'd say he's worth more than harry maguire. They've had our pants down

That club have had a problem with us for 3 years since the takeover, and are mugging us off in public now.

I’m quite happy to not give them any money. 

If Marc wants to join, he probably needs to drop in a transfer request.

I don’t like our transfer business being played out in public one bit. We are clearly not tapping up, and this is just embarrassing nonsense now. 

Just now, Theregulars said:

I disagree, I no longer think they’re negotiating in good faith.

That went out the window when quiff head went on TV to spout shite. But they’re serious about whatever their minimum price is. Offer it to call their bluff if they don’t accept then fook them

off as they are pissing us about. Is Parish in cahoots with Masters and the 6?

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

That went out the window when quiff head went on TV to spout shite. But they’re serious about whatever their minimum price is. Offer it to call their bluff if they don’t accept then fook them

off as they are pissing us about. Is Parish in cahoots with Masters and the 6?

I think they raise the price each time, saying you can have him for X then move goalposts again. They can be small time if they like, that’s fine - we can get other players just as useful for less money and less public nonsense.

I dont get what Palace did wrong here exactly? Pretty much have had the same position from the start? 

Its just us trying to call what wasnt a bluff. 

Move on now and try to get him next year.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Don't really have any ill will towards Palace, he's their player, they can value him how they like, but it's time to move on now. He is good, but he isn't worth more than £65m. 

That sell on clause factor!

Like I’ve said before it’s hugely beneficial for Palace to leak every bid to their sympathetic southern journo’s. Cracking PR for them, seems they have no intention to really sell